Outdated cultural references you still use

For example, when my wife asks me where her glasses are, I will always reply “his glasses! He can’t see without his glasses!”, which last night she informed me was far too out of date now as a reference. I will also say “alright, Mariah Carey” sometimes if someone makes a request for something, although she’s still around so I guess it’s not too dated. I’d like to hear more examples of this please.

3 Likes

All the Wayne’s World ones

16 Likes

And the Ref Dwarf ones

3 Likes

They’re the best ones though! You’re right though, I said “if you’re gonna spew, spew into this” to someone at work the other day. No idea what i was talking about.

6 Likes

Wassapppppp

17 Likes

Still refer to things as ‘Totally fucking mexico’ on rare occasions.

All the Brass Eye ones, I guess too.

20 Likes

Frequently add “…for an hour” onto sentences. I really to update my reference bank.

9 Likes

If my computer stops working at work I say ‘This is one thing I didn’t want to happen’

10 Likes

Del boy falling through the bar

2 Likes

Neither of these were me,but at an interview last week the interviewee said ‘im not lastminute.com’ and later on one of the other interviewers said ‘computer says no’

4 Likes

Ooft

1 Like

i’ve heard ‘computer says no’ a few times at work :confused:

4 Likes

The Simpsons Seasons 1-13

18 Likes

Me and my friend nicknamed our old manager nobby burton and would go “nobby nobby nobbbyyyyy!” in the voice of mr blobby to amuse ourselves
2 for 1, that

6 Likes

2 for a tenner you mean.

2 Likes

:smile: well, quite!
Omg that’s reminded me of when manager nobby actually said it to a customer one day and we had to run to the stock room cause she was squealing with delight and I was so happy I was nearly sick down myself

3 Likes

I told a group of students that they’d all be able to be successful in a task but one could impress me loads and move onto a successful solo career like Beyonce leaving Destiny’s Child.

The blank looks I got meant I had to explain that Beyonce had not arrived in the music world on her own.

26 Likes

I’ll always reply to hearing the word ‘question’ with most of the first verse of Independent Women. I know I am not alone in this.

29 Likes

My first example of “he can’t see without his glasses!!!”

• I get this reference
  • It rings a bell but I can’t place it
  • Get a fucking life pops

0 voters

If someone says “stop” for any reason …

HAMMER TIME!

35 Likes