Outstanding / Definitive Live Performances (YouTube-centric)

Anyone fancy a thread for exceptional live performances, ideally which are available on YouTube? This can include concerts, festivals, TV appearances (no backing tracks / lipsyncing) and sessions. There should be audio and video of reasonable quality and synchronised (so that it does not detract too much from the performance). No music videos / lyric videos / fan videos / montages. What is the best or definitive live performance for your favourite band(s)? Music from all decades / genres encouraged.

I can probably set up some sort of collaborative playlist thing perhaps.

To get the ball rolling I’ve picked a couple of my absolute favourites:

Beatles - Don’t Let Me Down (1969). I am not the biggest Beatles fan ever, but this is wonderful.

Bob Dylan - Shelter From The Storm (1976). I’m guessing this is pretty well known, features on the Hard Rain live album.

Fugazi - Turnover (1991). We could do with a bit of this now to get through the cold weather.

Future Of The Left - Arming Eritrea (2009) Flawless Falco

Tropical Fuck Storm - You Let My Tyres Down (2018). Discovered this just yesterday, my new favourite track and performance of the year.

1 Like

My go to answer

6 Likes

How many posts before someone posts ATDI on Jools Holland?

9 Likes

Robbie Williams pulls a face!

6 Likes
3 Likes

This is fantastic! Especially the terrified children when he is in the audience :smile:

1 Like
6 Likes

Cheers - I had been looking for a Sabbath performance and this is excellent.

The blues are number 1!

2 Likes

Hadn’t seen this before, exactly the sort of thing I am looking for! Brilliant, thanks :smile:

Someone posted this in another thread recently - yep, certainly outstanding and would be tough to find anything better by them.

1 Like

Isn’t ATDI on Letterman more definitive?

tumblr_mmwhrfPTtZ1qeqr5fo1_250

8 Likes

Sound quality on that Gojira clip is unreal! I had QOTSA doing Lost Art… on Jools Holland, but this is miles better.

1 Like
1 Like

Love it, but there is no video!

2 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Collaborative YouTube playlist link - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmJ15pEK1VNypN7q-xx6gia8BRX_xZiXT&jct=NgmYi5gqguIsQu13PdNTj0GDGxjctA