#ovenlife The frozen and chilled food thread, in association with @profk

• Broad beans, green beans. frozen aubergine is ok sometimes, that’s about it though.
1 Like

quorn sausage patties are great in fake egg mcmuffins.

2 Likes

Make a nice thick curry, add some spinach, thin it out a tiny bit. Works like a charm.

1 Like

broad beans - ok. The others: nah.

Yeah I was wondering about these the other day. Specifically I was wondering what exactly they are, and whether you can make them yourself. Are they literally just glued together pancakes coated in breadcrumbs?

i thissed his post despite not liking green beans and never trying frozen aubergine

have i been had

I don’t dislike ice cream, but i’m not particularly fussed by it.

Although now I’ve worked out I can’t have it because of some dairy or lactose (idk which) allergy I obviously want it way more than I used to.

Obvs there’s an ok range of vegan stuff available now but it’s not the same and never seems to be discounted. The vegan Ben & Jerrys is usually a quid more than the regular, and is never on sale when the regular is :upside_down_face:

I dread to think. I can’t imagine that they have much in the way of nutritional value though.

Kind of hard to get ovenables when vegan

these chips are life tho

1 Like

have you had the vegan magnums yet?

I googled

Those don’t look like crispy pancakes to me. They look like burnt pancakes.

1 Like

Genuinely can’t remember the last time I ovened anything frozen. As for chilled: pizzas quite regularly, chicken kievs occasionally and nothing else I think.

[My freezer is full of chicken stock, homemade soup and frozen allotment fruit]

1 Like

oh yes and a fucktonne of passata after this year’s tomato crop.

1 Like

You’ve never grilled anything?

I will not be making those.

1 Like

No, not yet. Was probably gonna get some in for Christmas. Can you get ones that aren’t almond or regular? The raspberry ones are my favs.

Lived off frozen ready meals from here for a fortnight after moving house: https://www.amyskitchen.co.uk

They were fine, but not worth the cost compared to a basic lasagna or whatever.

Was absolutely furious with 'er indoors when she got these instead of the breaded ones. You don’t fuck with perfection, k-worms.

1 Like

Nah just almond and regular.

These were THE BEST but I don’t know why they stopped selling them. Can’t find them anywhere. The ice cream bit is like those cheap shitty strawberry whipped ice things you used to get in little cups in the freezer section

2 Likes

Bloody love Swedish Glace, so nice.

1 Like