Over-zealous use of Out Of Office auto-replies

I got one of these once (think I mentioned it in this thread? can’t be fucked to check). Quite frankly wish I had the balls to do it myself

1 Like

When you pretend to be your lesbian friend’s boyfriend to her religious dad and then he keeps on emailing you to see how you are

I was away for 3 weeks once and did it

I think it’s totally fair enough if you are away for a while (and have a delegate in your OOO they can contact for urgent stuff). 90% of stuff that was super important 2 weeks ago is not important anymore

oh, think I replied to the wrong person

I meant the whole “I’m not going to read your stupid e-mail LOL” style of auto reply

1 Like

I don’t do this but also don’t think I’d be annoyed by it either.

I think it depends who/what they do too, some agency partners we have do this if they’re at conferences or in workshops for more than half a day because they know some people do expect short term turnaround.

I always forget to put my out of office on which can similarly probably be quite annoying.

This one is a bit under zealous for me:

“I am currently working on my Easter Holidays from Good Friday 2nd April returning to work on Monday 19th April.”

What does it mean mayte?

2 Likes

my old boss used to encourage us to do this, was pretty good

Can only presume it’s a botched edit update to a previous OoO that used to say ‘I am currently working from home…’. :person_shrugging: