I refuse to beloeve anyone on this forum hasnt heard a s9ng hes produced

Steve this credit card is fucked up

1 Like

What a fucking nerd

2 Likes

*fuckin’ derd niffer

1 Like

Dunno whats the biggest thing he did?

Probably In Utero (which tbf someone else took over) and Surfer Rosa are what he specifically is best known for (and Rid of Me by PJ Harvey actually), but he’s produced loadsa big namz

just to remix a couple of tracks though rite?

I think so but in credit terms that album’s credited to Scott Litt, right?

don’t have my copy to hand but i’m not aware of this being the case

(incidentally I have a lotta respect for Albini on the basis of his letter to Nirvana in which he insists on charging them the standard amount he’d charge any other band and all that)

3 Likes

aye, some Will Oldham and Low albums, Dirty Three etc.

1 Like

“bubba nastasia” has done :smiley:

138 albums linked to here!

In terms of this forum people are forgetting he produced Mclusky’s Do Dallas and The Difference Between…, neither of which are on that list.

I’m not sure with In Utero but I thought the other version of the album on the 25th anniversary release was essentially Albini’s version, and it’s really very different in terms of mix. I don’t know who it’s credited to on the album but it clearly had ‘a lot of work done’ as it were

I’ve not seen this. I sort of remember him talking about this in an interview, about the fact that he will try to charge reasonable rates for smaller bands but I thought I recall him saying (possibly at Cobain’s insistence?) that he charged a premium rate because Geffen were picking up the tab. Sounds like I got the wrong end of the stick there, unless that’s what you mean?