"Pack of paprika crisps and a Maxibon please"

“How much??”

(that’s me startled at prices, not negotiating sexual services)

Cinco cerveca por favor senor

am i right lads

they sell paprika crisps and Maxibon at the off license at the top of my street

#culture

1 Like

(Just had a pack from M&S, it’s what inspired this thread)

1 Like

Cinco cerveca, Nav? Cinco? That’s insane.

4 Likes

Fuck off

1 Like

‘ingles?’

had these in mallorca

yep, fried egg flavour crisps. they were fucking disgusting.

3 Likes

went to Spain for Benicassim when I was 18 and we got rushed by taxi drivers at the airport as you do. Vividly remember sweeping aside all of the haggling for custom in Spanish/English by saying “uno momento por favor” in an overly confident slightly pissed up manner. all of the taxi drivers started laughing and shouting “ooooo-oooh… uno momento, uno momento!”

still no idea if that actually translates properly, was total guesswork that ‘momento’ is a word

edit: @profk can you settle this for me pls

8 Likes

crisp game in the UK is on another level, tbh.

bog standard plain flavour crisps are better here, but you don’t get the range of flavours.

‘in loud voice, holding up fingers’ TWO

(pays for 50p worth of water/ice cream/lollies with local equivalent of £100 note)

6 Likes

nothing wrong with that - should be ‘un momento’ but nothing inherently hilarious about adding the o on the end.

1 Like

uno, dos, tres…times.

7 Likes

“Una naranja por favor.”
“¿Dónde está la zapatería?”

Love saying ‘hey hey’ to old people in Sweden and it being a completely normal polite greeting

1 Like

‘ahoj’ (ahoy) in slovakia too. absolutely rinsed that word when I went there.

3 Likes

I’ve had these in Barcelona, absolutely fucking vile. Also had some Ham and Cheese crisps, which were disgusting and moreish at the same time.

My dad has a really embarrassing thing of using hand signals even when they clearly speak excellent English. For example mimicking pouring a beer or a can or coke, writing the bill etc. If you can catch his eye whilst he’s doing it he gets all flustered too. Old people eh?

yeah think I just said it with grande sass

maybe you’d pissed yourself by accident or something. I wouldn’t worry about it.

when I went to Beni, I got the festival organized bus to the festival from the airport.