Pantomime thread

Fucking loved these as a kid, and would plead with my mum to take me to Bridgend Leisure Centre to see whatever one was being put on. Sometimes we even went to Swansea.

Can’t really remember why, or what I got out of it but let it be known that at one point of my life I was properly addicted to pantomimes.

1 Like

I think the first real indication the my mum and I would struggle to relate to each other was when she got angry at me for not enjoying a pantomime. In my defence, they’re shit. High likelihood of The Krankies being in them too.

I remember going to one when I was like 6 or something at the hall next to the park in Feltham, no idea what the pantomime was but I remember I was eating Liquorice Allsorts while watching it. good to see I remembered the important details of that event.

1 Like

The last time I took the kids to the panto Jacob Rees Mogg was sat three rows behind us in the audience.

That’s all you need to know about panto - by wankers, for wankers.

1 Like

Usually they put the pantomime villain on the stage

5 Likes

hall of legends

1 Like

Biggins gotta get that sweet panto money

Reckon we’ll get some good COVID panto style jokes this year. “It’s two metres behind you!”

2 Likes

Does your mum still enjoy pantomimes, or was her concern more that you weren’t enjoying the things the other kids were?

Well now I’m sad :frowning:

“epimer, you haven’t TOUCHED your netrunner. There’ll be no dessert until you finish it”

1 Like

Probably the latter. I don’t think she’s heading off to see The Krankies in Babes in the Wood annually, it hasn’t naturally come up in conversation.

1 Like

One of my Mam’s often-rotated stories is about how she saw Black Sabbath there back in the day

Can anyone confirm this?

Children are excluded from my above conclusion.

(I’m not calling you a wanker)

Did they enjoy the pantomime?

5 Likes

I definitely went to a couple of battle of the bands there
None of them turned out to be black sabbath :frowning:

1 Like

Oh nIommi they didn’t!

1 Like

ban request

2 Likes

Every time they heard “He’s behind you!” they got Paranoid

Paranoid is the name of a song by Black Sabbath