Paris

another parisian toilet related anecdote, Lady Foppyish walked into a toilet and there was a guy standing having a wizz in the handbasin

Mica > Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hilton

Marc Bolan’s first draft etc…

1 Like

I liked:

The canal area, just sitting and having a drink there was nice
The catacombs
Sitting on the steps of the sacre couer and having a drink
Buying some weird French Ruby Leffe and drinking that in the hotel room
Seeing L’Origin du Monde and looking at the people looking at it
The really really old stuff in the Louvre
Latin quarter
The other graveyard
I like getting the eurostar
Place de Vosges
Parc des Buttes Chaumont (mofo)

Have a :coffee: with a :clown_face: at Cafe De La Chandelle Vert

I had a great time in Paris especially the last time I went :heart:

We hired bikes and rode everywhere. Didn’t really do anything touristy but just got drunk a lot and ate some nice food.

This is probably my favourite shop in Paris

As h_y_g mentioned L’As du Fallafel on Rue de Rosiers is great - though personally I always have the Shawarma

That whole Marais neighborhood is lovely so go and chill in Place Des Vosges after having a stroll around or grab an evening beer at La Perle on the corner of Rue Archives & Rue Vielle du Temple

As for water, the place to get bottled water is in a ‘Alimentation Generale’ or corner shop. There’s loads of 'em

Apart from the main touristy areas in the 1st(Louvre/Tuileries), 7th (Eiffel Tower) & 18th (Montmartre/Sacre Coeur) I recommend you put aside an afternoon to go stroll around/picnic in Butte Chaumont

There’s loads of rotisserie chicken places around so that plus a baguette, some water melon & a bottle of Rosé makes a great summer picnic. Brasseries are cheap & cheerful to eat in. Restaurants & tourist trap cafés obviously overpriced

Have fun

I miss Paris

2 Likes

Centre Georges Pompidou is a must if you’re a fan of modern art otherwise
Le Marais
Sacré-Couer
Palais De Tokyo is achingly hip but if you’re a fan of incredibly niche art you might find it interesting

A Tesco Metro equivalent is Monoprix. Not so obvious as they normally have a department store on the ground floor & you take an escalator down for food. There are loads of them and really good for lunch stuff, water etc and so on.

Toilets is such a cliche but so true throughout France. even a lot of posh bars have squaties. It is some sort of national characteristic problem.

1 Like

There are loads of Carrefour Express shops (Tesco Express equivalents), Franprix (wee but pricier but the same basically) and Monop (small Monoprix). Now everyone has Euro data roaming they are easy to find via Google maps.

They also have terrible, terrible dad jokes on their own-brand packaging. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Also I’m a big fan of the Canal St Martin.

2 Likes

Just noticed it’s actually terrible dad jokes with 1 racist joke thrown in at the end.

A somehow more expensive London

1 Like

that weezer thing is funny

I disagree and it’s sort of getting me down tbh

In that case, I’m sorry, genuinely not so funny then.

I thought the caption was more like “What the fuck were you marketing people thinking coming up with this packaging”.

Buzzfeeed throwing a thoughtless marketing failure in with a load of dad jokes under the heading “17 times Monoprix completely lost the plot”