Particularly good/bad adverts (potentially rolling)

:frowning:

Additional irk: any advert that edits a song. Which is most of them. There you are, having a him or a sing along, and some git has butchered up the song to try and squeeze a hook in multiple times, or concertina a verse, chorus and whatnot into ten seconds.

1 Like

there was a car or beer advert that did this with a black sabbath song

feel i may have mentioned it upthread, if not i’ve definitely seen it and though about mentioning it

2 Likes

Just seen an ad for some car where they keep singing GO DUSTER to the tune of Ghostbusters - almost as painful as the Halifax ads

1 Like

Enjoyed this

1 Like

Reminds me of the dust buster ad from the late 80s or early 90s. The kids are out, they’re running about, grab a dust buster wipe that mess out. Duster, buster, a dust buster, dust buuuuuuusTEEEEEEER.

To the tune of whatever that glam rock song is.

Black And Decker Dustbuster advertisement 1993 - YouTube

2 Likes

Don’t like the TK Maxx advert with the giant xmas present-vomiting worm thing.

Looks like the sort of advert that would have given me nightmares when I was little (as would the creepy feral running horse in the LLoyds ad)

3 Likes

The Three ‘Phones are good’ ad they play at the cinema goes on for bloody ages.

1 Like

Proper cynical nightmare inversion of the ‘what if phones but too much’ overearnestness nightmare as well

1 Like

Got a proper hatred for that Pepsi one with the neon surfboards “Try a new tradition this Christmas” bullshit.

2 Likes

jfc

1 Like

I saw a Coke Christmas advert in the cinema that was painful to watch with beatboxing and stuff

I don’t get the whole Coke Xmas advert obsession full stop. I know that technically they invented the modern image of Father Christmas. I just don’t get the reverence people have for those Christmas lorries and everything. Just a load of slack-jawed yokels gawping at a bunch of brightly lit articulated lorries. You get them most nights on motorways!

6 Likes

OMG YOU KNOW ITS CHRISTMAS WHEN…

no shut up and develop an awareness of the months and their passing

5 Likes

The guy in that ad really reminds me of @dan_thw

Just sounds insincere

1 Like

Really irked by this advert implying you can’t say the sibilant at the start of spicy but you can say the one near the end.

images

not sure why but the cat playing the harmonica in this is totally great imo

Cat playing the harmonica?

Can this be real?

keep reading this as Radiohead lyrics

1 Like

3 Likes