Pass and Move Porto Are Poo: The Midweek Football Thread

Because some of us like football as a whole and care about the viability of local clubs and the longterm interests of the game, rather than merely seeing it as a form of entertainment. Everything Sky does has an impact, especially for those at lower levels. Surely your memory stretches back to eight or nine years ago when those issues were real for Bornemouth, before they were owned by a faceless petrochemical suit?

7 Likes

Away support here is pretty good generally. Especially compared to Spain where they play games staggered across a weekend. But not as good as Germany where the majority of games are played mid-late afternoon. Strange

1 Like

Just make it so that there’s no premier league kick offs at 3pm and televise everything

find it hard to believe this isn’t where we’ll end up

All this tv chat then

• PSG - Real
  • Porto - HISTORY
  • Rick Stein or some other bollocks

0 voters

We’ll end up with the ten games spread across Friday night, four slots on Saturday (say, 12, 2:30, 5pm and 7:30), the same on Sunday, and one on Monday night.

The BT Sports app is legitimately brilliant so it’s a shame they’re getting fewer and shitter matches. Watched Hig’s first penalty on a 360 camera last night in the app, was mad watching him score then turning my phone around and seeing the fans behind the goal celebrate.

2 Likes

How long have they got the European rights for?

No idea but I hope they keep them for a while. Sky coverage has been left behind innovation-wise.

To be fair, it’s fucking fantastic. Prices are creeping up, though. £26 a month we pay now and i probably watch about two games a week, but as a tool it’s obscene, and you can install it in as many places as you want, so you can get it on all your phone, work computer, friends Firesticks, etc (though you’re limited to two streams at once).

Literally just exists for NBC’s audience

As a guy with a season ticket, the likelihood of even more games being played at stupid times puts me on the horms of a dilemma. There are now so many matches at times when it is inconvenient to watch them in the flesh that I’m seriously considering jacking it in and just watching it all on telly.

monday night games are still the worst

1 Like

put 50p on both the Porto/PSG games to have both teams score in both halves.

1 Like

no place for such sensible betting here, lad

1 Like

If Neymar doesn’t score, I’m sleeping on a park bench tonight.

Am I doing this right?

2 Likes

Last call. Who’s winning the Gazprom?

• Bayern
  • Real
  • Barca

0 voters

Interesting team from Real. Nacho playing at RB is odd

Ronaldo on a human face forever.

who wants to read a preview with an entirely redundant bit about Bale.

Really not sure what to expect. PSG’s midfield still seems a bit powderpuff, especially against Kroos and Modric.

Zidane’s 4-4-2 with Isco floating worked miraculously well in the knockouts last season, but has been pretty shocking this year.

Instinct is because of how bad they’ve been, often against average/poor teams, so it could get really ugly (funny) tonight. But then also suspect they’ll just do as usual in Europe though and sort things out

¯_(ツ)_/¯