Pass and Move Porto Are Poo: The Midweek Football Thread

I don’t think they are different types of midfielders now. They’re both essentially ball carriers. They play in the same areas, or at least start in them. They’re both there to relieve the luddites of the ball and get it to the piano players. Maybe beforehand Silva was the piano player, but now his main attributes are basically strength, retaining posession and short passing. That’s what Dembélé does well.

I’m on the wind to some degree in my initial post. I like watching Dembélé and have considered him very underrated…but it’s weird how the entire media notices these things simultaneously and the public can only measure everything by it being The Best. A month ago, outside of Spurs fans, hardly anybody noticed him.

Would enjoy watching a weekend of 1st in England vs. 1st in Spain, 2nd vs. 2nd etc. All the way down to west Brom-deportivo for the ‘vest league in the world!!’ trophy. Maybe add in serie a and get the bundesliga to add another couple of teams and they can join in.

This match was already played last summer, and depor (and by extension, Spain) emerged victorious

1 Like

Sorry last season it would have had to be depor - burnley. England still officially the best league in the world

1 Like

Really like that idea.

Promotion and relegation for pundits.
Based on their start of the season predictions. Across 3 tiers:
Telly - national radio - local radio

Mike Dean to ref every game

3 Likes

tenor-2

4 Likes

dunno about you lads but I’m quite excited for Östersunds’ comic pasting of Arsenal

So after Malky McKaye and Walter Smith we have… Alex McLeish. God we are really dire huh

Welbeck must be one of the worst finishers in the history of the game. Shame as he seems a nice lad and tries quite hard.

He should take some lessons from Nacho

Batman returns

Y’know those idiotic free kicks attacking players always give away when the defender is shielding the ball out of play 5 yards from his own touchline?

Straight red for those.

Nothing else winds me up as much as seeing those.

Lovely goal from McGregor there

2 Likes

Celtic fans to the Ref there

3 Likes

would love this, and i can also see it being accepted by the organisers cos it would increase interest in countries that would otherwise have lower viewing figures… so more £££ and ultimately that’s the thing that would make them change their minds

1 Like

Terrific result there.

2 Likes

what’s kevin campbell come as?

Untitled

2 Likes

Batshuayi’s some player, eh. Some of the big English clubs could do with a striker who can finish like him…

3 Likes