passwords

Do you change yours a lot?

I had the same password for everything since I was 12 until a couple of years ago

Shocking policy bammers.
check this:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

3 Likes

oh sorry…

1 Like

yeah I did, it’s stressful to look at though isn’t it

Only when I forget it or am otherwise made to

Used to never change them but now I do. As a result I forget them all the time.

I use one of those apps to generate/ store all mine. Makes life easier and seems a safer way to do things so I’m less anxious about it all as a result (still not gonna check that site though, too stressy)

I know I do that but am scared in case the app steals all my passwords or something.

On the one I use the actual passwords are stored on Dropbox. Which seems as secure as anywhere can be I guess

The main thing is not to use the same password everywhere, and deff don’t have the same password as the email address you used to set up the account

1 Like

got my pin number written down on a little piece of paper in my wallet too in case I forget

I use LastPass to store all mine, and have two-factor authentication on that, my email and my banking accounts.

This may be well known already, but using SMS as your 2FA method is inadvisable because people can clone your phone or use social engineering to get your texts directed to a different device. Better to use an app like a Google Authenticator (sermon ends)

Chrome told me that a bunch of my accounts had been compromised so I changed all the important ones. People can have my accounts on my old World of Warcraft guild’s forum, though.

Security is so stress inducing :frowning:

3 Likes

Change them for work purposes every couple of months, generally cycle through all my accounts gently as I forget the older passwords. The result is a nice patchwork of four or five that don’t really intersect all that much.

I also use a password generation rubric that’s consistently delivered strong to very strong passwords that are also memorable to a human (me)

don’t really have anything worth stealing so it doesn’t really matter if somebody gets my password tbh

How many times has your main email address been pwned?

• 1-5
  • 6-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20
  • 21-25
  • 25-30
  • 31-35
  • 36-40
  • 41+

0 voters

24 to be precise, I started this poll to find out if that’s a big or small number.

tbf there are data breaches at big companies all the time you never get told about, apparently one from Snoy and Soundcloud on mine if I remember rightly

Snoy.

4 Likes