Pasta

On the fence about it actually. Sometimes it’s nice, sometimes it’s boring, never really get a craving for it but would never turn down a bowl.

Bowl of pasta with porcini is one of my top 5 dishes

I can’t make it taste anywhere near as nice as good restaurants do though so I very rarely have it

I have realised recently nice pasta is worth the extra money. I love pasta.

16 Likes

Nah, not having it. Universally LOVED food.

2 Likes

Love pasta. Simpler the better imho.

7 Likes

Can absolutely put away pasta. Love the stuff.

Fucking huge bowl of spag with a spicy sardine sauce mmmmmmmmmmm

Absolutely love pasta.

Fresh pasta is a con. It’s worth spending a little extra to get good dried pasta (eg the supermarket finest ranges or proper bronze die cut stuff if you can get it) and making sure you cook it right (the water should be as salty as seawater, and stop cooking whilst still al dente). Then any sauce is good, could eat it just with some nice oil and pepper even.

2 Likes

Love it.

Have it at least once a week. On Wednesday it was strozzapreti with truffle mushroom.

3 Likes

Love a filled pasta. Yer tortellinis n that. Mushroom is usually my fav but this little tart

Stun. Bit pricey but it’s two meals for me.

2 Likes

One thing I will say is that spaghetti is the most expendable version

4 Likes

There’s a lot to be said for the humble pasta bake as well, IMO.

7 Likes

Used to sometimes have spaghetti with butter, a pack of cheap ham torn up and a whole bag of grated cheddar on. Those were the days.

2 Likes

Up there with the best normal dinners available

2 Likes

Has anyone made that Nigella Marmite spaghetti?

Who’s Nigella Marmite hahaha

6 Likes

Definitely! It’s a good pre food shop, fridge clear out dinner as well, cause you can put anything you like in there

I like pasta bake but I’m always too impatient

Never hated it but never craved a bowl either.

Pizza better than pasta. Let’s have a heated debate.

1 Like

Thread is inspired by my pasta pesto lunch that I’m putting off heating up and eating cause it’s so blah.

Favourite pasta cuts?

I have a soft spot for rigatoni.

Nicest pasta I ever had was Pici in a town in the Chianti region, it was quite thick and had the most amazing texture and was just incredibly tasty but have never seen it again (not been back to Italy which doesn’t help).

1 Like