Paul Draper

Yeah, I’ve ordered the fancy 4 disc Six bookset thing they’ve done for both Spooky Action and AotGL so far. I wish more labels would do editions like this, frankly.

Sooo … this is a very strange way of butting into a conversation that wasn’t about Paul Draper and immediately making everyone suspect there must be something dodgy about Paul Draper

https://twitter.com/mansunband/status/1096255531856089088

1 Like

Paul needs help. It’s clear he’s been in a horrendous place for years. A half-glance at the lyrics from Spooky Action can tell you his paranoia is barely managable. I don’t really want to distance myself from him because Mansun was such an important band to me but it seems he’s set on a collision course. I think the man’s a genius in the studio but life has been cruel since the band fallout.

Struggle to get on board with this way of thinking tbh. As said in the Brand New thread when it was all coming to the surface. There’s enough art made by non-creeps to ‘get by’ on. I was an enormous Mansun fan for many years but he’s ruined their legacy (intended) for me

That tweet is the epitome of what Ryan has been accused of doing - trying to make people feel like they owe people something because they chose to invest their belief in them. It’s nonsense. If someone does things to make you uncomfortable then bin them off

3 Likes

Yeah, I made a decision that I wasn’t going to see him live a while back, either touring Spooky Action or Mansun material, and that was before the Estrons thing or him falling out with Catherine. I don’t want to see this happening but I can’t ignore it, either. I’m just sad.

Not doing himself any favours is he?

What an absolute dick.

3 Likes

I heard some very dodgy stuff about Paul Draper last summer. Looks like he’s about to bury himself in public. A well deserved downfall awaits.

Yes I was a massive fan in my teens and heard lots of unsavoury things from other fans at the time. Sounds like it was all true.

I was at the infamous Nottingham show and the way he talked to the young girl playing keys for him was appalling. In his mind it’s all everyone else’s fault…uurggh.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: DiS’ response to rape accusations posted on these forums in the past

What did you hear about him?

Like what…?

Hi Paul

21 Likes

Confused. Have posts been deleted?

When? Some have been moved and the link is right there.

My recollection is that users may have requested their posts deleted in this thread on account of them posting Draper having what looked to be a mental health moment and they weren’t happy with sharing stuff he later deleted, but this is quite an old thread now.

The last five posts. They don’t seem to make sense.

Probably moved here

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/dis-response-to-rape-accusations-posted-on-these-forums-in-the-past/34749/39

They do make sense. They all have direct reply links back to earlier posts.

Unless you mean the “Hi Paul” which is a pretty fair assumption in my view given that user’s attempts to interrogate users talking about Draper.

Or is this link not showing for you?

1 Like