Pavement (Rolling thread) - Very silly 7" single box set announced.

Sweet. I saw this in Piccadilly Records this afternoon. The CD is £16.99 whereas I think the vinyl was £87.99.

One has no advantage to me over streaming, the other is way too expensive. There’s the reason in a nutshell that buying music in 2022 is messed up.

Be nice if they just did a release of the vinyl remastered ‘new’ track listing. Can’t quite bring myself to pay 80 quid for the bonus tracks on vinyl

My favourite Pavement album I think.

1 Like

Having streamed both old and new versions today I have to say I still prefer the original sequence, but that may just be biased because that is how i remember the album. Anyone seen the rarionale behind keeping the cd sequence the same but the vinyl and streaming different? Just makes no sense to release the formats differently to me

As a very casual Pavement listener, who’s liked their other albums but always slid off this one, I found the new tracklist to be a big improvement :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Does seem odd, only thing I can think of is they did it to placate spiral stairs, did get the vibe he thought it was a bit off in that pitchfork feature.

Do we know if title of the DVD ‘Slow Century’ is a reference to one of their lyrics, a Simpsons reference (‘must’ve been a pretty slow century’), or something else?

Thought it was just to do with it covered 89-99?

Happy that they’ve finally completed the set of reissues! I’ve always really liked Terror Twilight, as it contains some of their finest moments (Spit on a Stranger, Major Leagues, Carrot Rope, The Hexx). Really wished they stuck with the original sequence though, it just doesn’t sound right!

I would like to watch this, preferably moderately stoned

Been meaning to watch it for about a decade

1 Like

oh so they’ve removed the original version from streaming?? on spotify at least

Still there for me.

if you click on it there’s no tracks available though

Strange. I can still see all the tracks when I click on the original version. Glitch at your end maybe?

Ann Don’t Cry is excellent

1 Like

It’s been a while since I watched the documentary on Slow Century, but the bit that sticks on my head is where a fan comes up to Malkmus with an old notebook full of his handwritten lyrics and ideas. He’s clearly surprised and says something like “oh wow, I’ve been wondering where that went for years”…and then there’s this really tense moment where neither is quite sure what to do. The fan isn’t sure whether he’s going to get it back before Malk eventually decides it’s cool and lets him keep it.

I think the DVD was also full of hard to find easter eggs hidden away in the menu screens too?

yeah back up for me, weird

2 Likes
2 Likes