PDC World Championship 2020

Absolute belligerence on behalf of the people who own/run the BDO. Same reasons for The Split In Darts in the first place.

I mean the BDO was still worth flicking on. Early January comfort blanket. Darts quality was fucking awful but the Lakeside was a great venue and everyone’s there having a nice time etc. Good telly. Although who’s even SHOWING it this year?!

UK Conquest

Yeah it’s ridiculous. Plus Lakeside is local.

Calling out from Frimley Green to Frensham. Didn’t we have fun.

I shed a tear as well. Properly chuffed he won.

Really?

Can’t stand him at all. His interview after the semi was a disgrace. He’s a right chippy prick.

It got me thinking about arrogance. MVG and Price are equally arrogant. It makes me love MVG and hate Price. Weird eh?

MVG plays with arrogance cos he knows he’s brilliant, but then when it comes to speaking to the media he doesn’t come across as a tosser

He’s still very arrogant when he talks. It’s amusing though.

Gerwyn has been pretty brilliant this year too so can back it up but I guess he looks like a muscly thug and he’s pretty humourless.

Is it still on bt sports and BBC highlights? Should be worth tuning in, if only for ghoulish curiosity.

No idea

No, Quest and Eurosport only. Paradoxically both have seen subscription figures jump by 85% this year, proving that the true darts fan is the armchair one

1 Like

Yes Eurosport! I can watch at work

Also how big is this bit of the o2??? Is it nearly the same size as ally pally? What were they thinking?

It’s 2350 capacity apparently, so roughly the same size. They don’t have a sponsor either.
A lot of signs pointing to the involvement of the rough hand of Barry Hogan

That’s TWICE the capacity of the Lakeside! Why the fuck did they book that?!

Surely not Indigo2? I saw Daniel Johnston there and no way could it hold that especially at tables!

so 15% of capacity is 30% of lakeside capacity? what an absolute shitshow

I’m not sure now - their venue hire thing is incredibly unclear about capacity (360 for cabaret in a 2,700 capacity venue?)

Either way wiggy, they’ve fucked it.

The letter sent to qualified players went on to explain how Sportotal have been paid a fee of £5,000-per-month by the BDO which has ‘reduced almost to nil the earning potential of the BDO’.

Jacklin also states that: ‘Sportotal have, over the past two years, taken almost £200k in payments from BDO but have brought in no sponsorships.’

that’s absolutely mad