Pearl Jam redux

The Rearview Mirror best of is great. State of Love and Trust :heart_eyes: I used to love the first 3 albums but they are all a bit patchy listening to them now. No Code, Yield and Binaural are more consistent without ever hitting the heights of Black or Rearview Mirror

This is good:

This is PJ at their best.

2 Likes

Where’s your bottle of Blue Moon or Goose Island IPA

1 Like

I think Corduroy is nigh on perfect. Such a great song off what’s their best album for sure.

3 Likes

Their 2003-06 hiatus wasn’t kind to them…

Yield = Vs = Vitalogy = No Code = Ten > Riot Act > Binaural >>>> S/T >> Backspacer >>> Lightning Bolt

You should check out the Brendan O’Brien remix they put out around 10 years ago…they got rid of the reverb.

1 Like

Haven’t listened to the original since they released this. A marked improvement.

Maybe i’ll check it

I listened to and admired the Brendan O’Brien mix for a while, but found myself drifting back to the original over time. I guess that’s just the one that’s firmly lodged in my head.

This is all i hear when I am exposed to Pearl Jam

I have absolutely no idea what the connection is here

2 Likes

Lads have gone a bit 80s Bowie

Really reminded me of this;

2 Likes

So Pearl Jam are Talking Heads now? Pretty sure there’s a passage about this in Revelations. Brace yourself lads, this is as clear a sign of an impending apocalypse that the good lord could have sent us.

I…don’t hate it?

1 Like

Threw me massively on first listen, especially that weird dad growl he does in the verses but he’s clearly just hamming it up so it’s fine. Actually love it after a few listens. Last couple of albums have been full of lazy sub- The Who filler. This sounds a lot more inspired.

It might grow on me but it’s doing absolutely nothing for me now after a few listens, it’s a dirge.

Well, I guess at least it doesn’t sound like all the other MOR plodding Dad rock they’ve been pumping out for the last 20 years.

I refuse to accept that this is the same band who wrote Rearviewmirror.

I mean, it’s alright and I appreciate the fact that they have tried something different but going ‘more electronic’ just seems like a cop out, and about 10 years too late for that particular bandwagon that a lot of guitar based bands jumped on.

Liking this! Great guitar solo!

1 Like