Pedro the Lion

Has to be Quietest Friend off Phoenix for me, just utterly heartbreaking

2 Likes

oh god this is exciting - had no idea a new one was happening. Loved Phoenix. My entry was WInners Never Quit and then been a fan since. STill think thats my favourite but honestly don’t think he’s done a bad record. Achilles heel is probably my least favourite though. He really knows how to write a song

I really really hope he comes over this year - i want him to play in my lounge :smiley: Only ever saw him once doing a solo show around Control, or maybe Achilles Heel. It was beautiful. Would like to see him with the band though also.

Anyway! MAy go listen but may just order vinyl if there is one and wait…

2 Likes

arrrrgh so good :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s vinyl on the Big Scary Monsters site just now, a nice coloured variant too Pedro the Lion – Havasu – LP/CD – Big Scary Monsters

Ordered a copy of Phoenix too, for some reason I hadn’t bought it at the time

2 Likes

nice one! thank you

So i know this is jaggy but yeah, to give you an idea of how much my musical life has pretty much been steered by DB, this is the first band i was properly in (me on piano):

and then last year i put out an EP with this on it, which is my love letter to Control-era Bazan, goofy as it sounds:

1 Like

side note - curse your branches is off spotify now :frowning:

Listened to the new one yesterday, it’s my first time listening to them.

Had this weird feeling of being underwhelmed but at the same time knowing im going to completely love it after a few more spins.

2 Likes

Happy anniversary everyone!

6 Likes

Hope it gets a nice reissue tbh.
Those early records are oddly difficult to get here.
Mostly hoping some Europe shows in works

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes!

I am a huge fan of Bazan/Pedro the Lion. I haven’t read this whole thread so apologies if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but he has a couple of great, slightly rockier records with Lo Tom LP2 | Lo Tom which include TW Walsh from the original Pedro the Lion + members of Starflyer 59 and others playing straight up brilliant indie rock songs. LP2 has something that keeps me coming back and back and back.

Bazan is a genius. I wish him well as he continues to write and release these amazing autobiographical/geographical records he’s currently putting out. Each one better than the last.

I’d missed there was a thread about him/his band here and so I’m glad to join in!

2 Likes

Really hope he makes it over to Europe for shows again some time.

2 Likes

‘I’m up to my in ears in tenors and altos’

1 Like

Only US shows announced so far but they’ve “liked” a few posts on their facebook from people asking if Dave will bring these shows to Europe, so fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Just replied asking for euro shows there myself before seeing your post :smile:
This would be an incredible show.
The two best PTL LPs for me.

3 Likes

New LP out 7th June 2024.

Big Scary Monsters have a UK exclusive pressing limited to 500 copies:

Hoping we get a Europe tour this time.

3 Likes

Ahhhhhh :star_struck:

3 Likes

3 Likes