Wow!

All other songs were written by Prince or Pharrell

7 Likes

Another member of the New Radicals wrote Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield too

This was written by Preston from the Ordinary Boys

1 Like

Preston also wrote Heart Skips a Beat by Olly Murs

1 Like

Someone on here claimed that Daniel Bedingfield wrote the Changing Rooms theme but I’ve found nothing to back that claim up.

3 Likes

This was cowritten by the singer and guitarist in A

1 Like

Justin Hawkins from The Darkness

1 Like

Mike Nesmith from The Monkees wrote this.

His mum had various office jobs and used to pour white paint into nail varnish containers to edit typewriter errors when at work. Tippex or rather Liquid Paper was invented and made Nesmith richer from this than The Monkees would.

1 Like

I don’t think Linda Ronstadt gets the dues she deserves these days either. She was a huge mainstream success at her peak, but that kind of obscures how good she was, and how right she’s been in a lot of her campaigning. She’s definitely due a reappraisal, hopefully while she’s still alive, even if she’s not able to perform live these days.

4 Likes

It’s sad about her current health conditions conditions.

But she’s certainly an artist that doesn’t get the credit she deserves. The Stone Poneys album that that song is from is a good starting point for anyone wanting to hear more. She has brilliant stage presence if you view any of her performances on YouTube too.

I can never get my head round the fact that Lenny Kravitz… a man responsible for the most snoozefest trad rock festival set I’ve ever walked away from… wrote Madonna’s “Justify My Love”.

2 Likes

Beck wrote this:

1 Like

Lad from the Bravery wrote She Wolf by Shakira. Would be quite funny if he’d written Hips Don’t Lie

3 Likes

Billy Corgan wrote this Natalie Imbruglia song:

Always knew Springsteen was a genius but still amazed how many tunes for the ages he seemed to benevolently give away.

Prince too.

1 Like
11 Likes

The man can do everything - write shit songs too!

1 Like

I jest. It’s alright. I’ve just heard it on the radio too many times. It’s no Hazy Shade of Winter, which I was absolutely furious turned out to be a Simon and Garfunkel cover and even the Bangles one was used five years too early on Stranger Things anyway.

The Bangles - Manic Monday

Ryan Tedder of One Republic…Adele’s Remedy amongst others