People who are completely living the dream

21 Likes

Man visits Dundee. This is the news.

7 Likes

Same here. I got the Dandy and my brother got the Beano. Was always secretly under the impression that the Beano was better though

3 Likes

The Beano is one of those weird British things that put me ill at ease, like Carry On Films.

1 Like

Beano had Calamity James and Bash Street Kids, Dandy had Blinky and Numbskulls so score draw imho

5 Likes

Calamity James >>> All tho obv

1 Like

The drawing of calamity james is still excellent I’m pleased to report

Numbskulls was Beano

2 Likes

Oh balls Beano was better then

1 Like

Absolute majesty of this

13 Likes

I used to collect Beano annuals as a kid. thought they might be worth something one day. They’re not

2 Likes

desperate dan was too subtle for young audiences

3 Likes

Dandy wankers

5 Likes

Nan used to get me the Beano every week unless the Dandy had a Refreshers bar on it in which case she’d get me the Dandy instead. Fucking top Nan work that.

12 Likes

Every day should be a holiday

4 Likes

*should be

Fucked it

2 Likes

Used to be some mad sweets on the front of the comics, must have been testing the market

3 Likes

I had periods of getting the Beano every week and Nutty every week. Then I switched to Spiderman (which usually had a fantastic 4 story in it too) . Every issue had a poster and my room was covered in them

My sister got whizzer and chips and then at some point switched to " Ms " magazine (might have been mizz, don’t remember)

Properly good though, eh. Just fucking sellotape a packet of e-numbers to a comic with a little message about “Ask your newsagent if your gift is missing”

2 Likes

Had you down as a Look In man

2 Likes