People who are completely living the dream

Never ever ever

:wink:

Scandalous

1 Like

ACTUALLY I think it was Whizzer and Chips* originally. All these comics ended up merging and getting each others strips.

*citation needed

EDIT : It was Beezer. The Numskulls - Wikipedia

Seriously there were loads of these comics in the 70s & 80s.

3 Likes

Brainy was such a prick

2 Likes

Did Jocks and the Geordies get you reet pumped up?

Aye. Hated the weeks when the Jocks won. Absolutely hated it.

3 Likes

I was able to enjoy either from my southern softy neutrality.

We still regularly buy the Beano and I am pleased to say all of the problematic strips have been removed and Dennis no longer gets beaten by his father.

2 Likes

I got the Beano and my sister got the Dandy. I was jealous of Desperate Dan, but otherwise happy.

I went to Dundee for work once and stayed in a hotel room that was Dennis the Menace themed. Was a bit odd. Also it was the day David Bowie died so I remember feeling sad and not in the mood to have a cartoon character leering at me from over the bed.

In fact, hereā€™s a picture of it. Thatā€™s creepy isnā€™t it?

23 Likes

jesus, that hotel does NOT want you wanking in itā€™s rooms.

14 Likes

I remember seeing a documentary where they hinted that the teacher out of the Bash Street Kids was married to his own sister. So yes, thereā€™s creepy stuff in there

used to get a Beezer annual from my grandparents every year, was always pretty annoyed at receiving what seemed to be some ropey Beano knock-off. poor grandparents.

1 Like

nutty readers with record collections

7 Likes

My folks still have all my old beanos taking up loads of room on the garage
They keep on trying to palm them off onto me, I donā€™t want them, but I also donā€™t want them to get rid of them, so Iā€™m the garage them stay

Great story

One of my colleagues had all of their decades-old Beanos thrown out by their parents when they were tidying the loft. Still angry about it apparently

The face that just screams ā€œI film myself throwing vegan pasties into bins to own the libsā€

1 Like

The Beano and Dandy were bloody ace though the Beezer, Topper (I think they eventually merged) and Buster were criminally underrated comics of this genre. But nowt beats Out of Context Biffo on Twitter.

ā€œNourishing the marrowā€, you say. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

The Beano and Dandy were a huge part.of my childhood but Dennis the Menace is basically a horrible bully isnā€™t he?

Omg the weeks when gnasher went missing!