People who make music you don't like but you reckon are alright (+ some silly alt titles)

KT Tunstall.

I mean, her backing band is called Fanny Unit. Can’t argue with that.

1 Like

Dave Grohl.

Possibly Elton John (probably a bit of a dick, but he’s at least got a sense of humour about himself)

Wes Borland

2 Likes

-1 for James Blunt, looks like he spends a lot of time scouring Twitter for people being rude about him so he can come up with witty ripostes.

+1 for Mark Hoppus

Coldplay :flushed:

All of these artists make good music that people listen to and enjoy.

1 Like

the lads from Neutral Milk Hotel

1 Like

If all you mean by ‘good music’ is that there is a group of people that like it then the term’s completely meaningless. I think we all understand that judgements about the quality of music are subjective, but if people aren’t allowed to express a view about what music is ‘good’ or ‘bad’ then there’s not much future for a music forum.

2 Likes

Keanu Reeves

7 Likes

There’s an increasing trend on here at the moment of people being really judgemental about music and snooty about anything they don’t like. there’s a difference between calling something shit and it not being for you. Coldplay aren’t for me, but to call their music shit is to act as if you are somehow superior to the millions of people who enjoy their music, which we are not.

5 Likes

I don’t think James Blunt makes good music.

2 Likes

Grohl is a Grade A bellend

1 Like

Good or bad in the main he makes great music so it’s moot.

1 Like

It’s possible to dislike music without inherently judging or looking down on people who do like it.

1 Like

of course it is. there’s a difference between that and calling it shit.

3 Likes

a lot of people do. it makes them happy and their lives better. that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

But I don’t like meat. I think it tastes awful and smells terrible. I don’t have to say it’s actually good because other people enjoy eating it. It’s not good.

I am not going up to meat eaters and having a go at them, but equally I still have a specific opinion on meat that is valid.

2 Likes

meat is good sorry

1 Like

lead singer from Busted. must have a certain weary pathos to him that could be endearing. tried to go his own way and do something credible but ended up chained to the day job like everyone else.

Personally I think it’s condescending of someone to blanket say something is shit, when in fact what they mean is they don’t like it, especially when it comes to art. I’m not trying to say people have to like the artists mentioned in this thread. It’s more that there’s a lot of glee taken in calling things people dislike, shit, or collectively saying things are fucking awful.

5 Likes