People who seemingly have it all

Missed out: invented snooker.

I was watching Marjorie Prime last night and was thinking how nice the Hammster and Tim Robbins were actually. Has Tim done anything bad? Apart from steal John Cusackā€™s girlfriend and break out of prison?

John Grant

Lives in Iceland
Is in a relationship that makes him happy
Has found stable success as a solo artist
Has pretty much any idea of his commissioned (see the North Atlantic Flux festival in Hull).
Is seemingly loved by everyone who meets him
Is sober/drug-free
Has been through a lot of shit in his life so knows how lucky he is.
Is a lovely bloke.

canā€™t really think of anyone

1 Like

I mean weā€™re all going to die and so will everyone and everything we love soā€¦

ā€¦make the choice to be happy today and think how amazing the great story of your life is! :slight_smile:

so instead of saying all of your goodbyesā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

like my life for instance is a goddamn work of art! Think of all the great touching moments and big tragedies and subtle bits of boredom and fear Iā€™ve experienced, and the taste of great pizza etc! Couldnā€™t make this shit up itā€™s so dense and amazing

Iā€™m reading between the lines here but is your answer Timothy Spall?

7 Likes

although if Iā€™m pressed maybe Iā€™d say Shigeru Miyamoto.

Seems like everyone he goes people love him, widely considered the greatest ever in his medium, just pisses about on stage with giant foam hands with a dumb grin on his face, sounds like he grew up in a beautiful rural place near kyoto, has lived to be pretty old.

ā€œHe also stated that he has a hobby of guessing the measurements of objects, then checking to see if he was correct, and reportedly carries a measuring tape with him everywhereā€ I mean thatā€™s the hobby of a man who is totally comfortable with his life and the world around him.

9 Likes

This thread makes me sad for Whitney :sob:

Craig Charles

3 Likes

Underrated post, this

that is a great hobby - I might take it up

3 Likes

i could happily watch paint dry if he was narrating it!

Lea Battersby off Corro

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/every-day-i-am-carsick-3943

A lot of these are quite subjective really.

Itā€™s more about what youā€™ve actually achieved than how much money you have imo. I consider people who have broken some sort of artistic ground and have become influencial figures in their field to be people who ā€˜have it allā€™, rather than people who have a lot of money but havenā€™t actually done anything remarkable, but each to their own.

is this short for Leanne or a mistype of Les

cause Les Battersby irl really doesnt :frowning:

the guy who plays Marlon Dingle

• job for life probably
    -perfect level of fame in which he is recognisable but unlikely to get swamped by fans
  • on tv every day or so watched by millions
  • gets to live in Leeds
1 Like