People who sell you stuff that you'd refer to as, for example "my barber" or "my financial advisor" etc - how many you got?

what do they do for you?

1 Like

Despite my sunny demeanour on this online community and my genuine love for my friends both here and in the real world, I have little to no interest in developing any further personal relationships at this stage of my life. I don’t want to “get to know” my neighbours, I don’t have any interest in chit-chat with a fellow commuter, I’m certainly not into the idea of having a “my barber” being a specific person. It probably all stems from a fairly low self-esteem and shyness that is both a product of my parents and of my negative primary school experience.

My man
(y’know)

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve just thought of another addition as well which is “also the fact I’ve had the same, close friendship group for twenty years now members of which are also now colleagues has led to me not needing to develop new relationships and this has made me very bad at it”

1 Like

I only have a nail lady.

Which has just reminded me I haven’t taken the shellac off my last 2 fingers on each hand and now i’ve picked at it and it looks gross.

1 Like

What is shellac please?

4 Likes

Butch Vig’s band or something innit

I refer to my drummer as “my drummer”. Is this good enough for you Smee? IS IT?

1 Like

It’s like nail varnish but it’s like really plastic and it stays for like 2 weeks and it’s dry instantly and it’s super hard to get off

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation

1 Like

I have ‘a solicitor’ and ‘a GP’ and suddenly feel like I’m rapidly approaching middle age.

1 Like

My mum gets coal deliveries and a gas person to top up the gas.

1 Like

If it’s good enough for you it’s etc there you go I joined in the Smee game

2 Likes

Publican

Sandwich

5 Likes

:smiley: you prick

2 Likes

Barber
Mechanic
Dentist

I suppose I have a tailor in that I’ve needed two suits fitting in my life and I went to the same place both times. I don’t think the seamstress would remember me.

The guys in a local burger place always recognise me and we’re on first name / small talk basis, are they my official Burger Guys?

Realistic aim:
personal trainer

Unrealistic aim:
Live-in carer for my future pack of huskies

I’d think I’d want you to only be getting your burgers from one place and say stuff like “oh you want a burger? go and see my burger supplier, he’ll take care of you” scribbles down phone number on a note pad, tears off page and hands it over

2 Likes