People who take Harry Potter too seriously

Oh no I’m a straight c), no question.

1 Like

People who take people who take Harry Potter too seriously too seriously

13 Likes

It’s not propaganda. Art can unthinkingly reflect prevailing norms and prejudices without being propaganda for them. They’re fun escapist stories about a wizarding school.

5 Likes

Getting coffee

3 Likes

A flagon of buttermead for me mate, I’m a ravenclaw

2 Likes

Having a favourite book, album, film. Etc. is a bit weird imo. Just an odd way of looking at art that there has to be one bit of art thats better than all of the other bits of art.

At least that’s what I say at corporate icebreakers

3 Likes

I guess theres more objectivity over a best sports team/person though, innit

Not in the neutral end of Craven Cottage!

7 Likes

Yeah I guess. Bit apples and oranges but youre on the xylopath so I’ll sit this one out

Books don’t compete with each other to see who scores the most book points. This is silly

1 Like

Sure. I’m not really having a pop. Just find it a bit odd when I think about it, completely aware that I do it myself a lot anyway

Centuries of religious bigotry for me

5 Likes

Anyone who supports Harry Potter is a fucking glory hunter. Plastic Potter.

10 Likes

Can be a lot of reasons but I guess it boils down to having a lasting emotional connection and therefore adding a depth to an essentially meaningless succession of matches and seasons

It’s intrinsic to being a spectator of a sport in a way that it’s not for other art forms.

Not really? Establishing hierarchies on things like this is a very masculine way to approach culture. I used to think I engaged with music “wrong” because I couldn’t possibly tell you what my top five artists, albums etc of all time are because that just seems… well, daft to me. In this TED talk

I think most reasonable football fans accept that the team they support and the best team are different things (re your Olympic analogy).

I’m not sure liking a book and supporting a football team are as neatly comporable as you’re making out tbh

I’ve never ranked an album in my life!

Masking tape though, now there’s something I can get behind ranking.

3 Likes

Which is a shame as you don’t seem to have a fucking clue!

Neither do you you random old man!