Pet Shop Boys

Looking forward to the album, although I prefer Burning The Heather and Dreamland more than the current single.

Honestly think that ‘bring me margaritas, champagne and red wine/we’re gonna have a party where we all cross the line’ is one of the most cringeworthy lyrics I’ve ever heard.

Sounds like PSB trying to do Random Access Memories to my ears. But I can’t decide whether I like it or not!? It definitely has issues sonically though and that’s without even having dug into the lyrics yet.

Bit late but… “much maligned”??? Literally everyone loves PSB.

Edit: OK, I’ve now read some of the thread up and I will accept “a bit maligned”

5 Likes

Monkey Business has a video…

TV is a bigger PSB fan than me, so played this to her last night assuming she would hate it. She quite liked it - apparently it builds nicely? :woman_shrugging:

Always like PSB more in theory than reality. Stuff I’ve heard from the last couple of albums has been beyond dreadful though.

Its grown on me a lot.

Really like Super personally :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Electric was good

2 Likes

Agree with ^this too…

Who the hell’s this J Hus geezer?! Pet Shop Boys vs J Hus for this week's Number 1 album

Shortlisted for the Mercury Prize a few years ago, he’s meant to be good

Can’t decide if that last track on the new album is great or dreadful

Look him up Dad

Thanks Son.

1 Like

This is an entertaining listen if you’re looking to pass 40mins whilst working today. Chris and Neil talking about their favourite albums. Includes releases by Miles Davis, Dusty, Kraftwerk, New Order, the Bee Gees, Bowie and Marvin Gaye.

2 Likes

Oh man, to be able to go to this:

http://www.neworder.com/newordernow/2020/2/24/the-unity-tour-2020.html

3 Likes

newperorder

3 Likes

Over there for our wedding anniversary in September…we miss the Vancouver date by two days as back home. :persevere::persevere::persevere: