Pet Shop Boys

Ooft.

Also, there’s a place called George, Washington?

Pet Shop Boys. Noodle.

1 Like

Tour rearranged to May 2021

2 Likes

Listening to What Have I Done To Deserve This…probably their best!! Dusty Springfield transforms it into pure perfection!

2 Likes

No surprise to see the US tour with New Order is moved to 2021.

They did a new version of West End Girls last night, closing the Project Pride festival. Brilliant.

Apologies if this has been posted before, but here’s an early version of West End Girls that is just horrible. In particular the ending is excruciating.

I do have a soft spot for PSB. Loved them in my youth, although fell out of love with them after Very, which I liked at the time. Not sure if they fell off the radar or if my music tastes just changed.

But not this version.

I can also see why Neil Tennant decided not to even try dancing in the future.

2 Likes

Not anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. I too enjoyed that.

Even the end bit ???

Really like the untucked shirt protruding from your jumper look that Tenant is rocking there

This is just the Bobby O version isn’t it? The instrumentation is more clunky like your average 1984 synth pop song. That’s what made the rerecorded version so good, it didn’t sound like anything else around at the time, a lot more spacey, almost eerie.

1 Like

More PSB in The Guardian today…

2 Likes

Performing at Electric Ballroom at some point next year - tickets via a draw

2 Likes

Rent is an incredible track. Flawless.

6 Likes

Actually is easily one of the greatest records ever

1 Like

being boring is also perfect songwriting

4 Likes

Nervously - sublime

Behaviour is a masterpiece.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Love that performance of Opportunities on the Old Grey Whistle Test. Hilarious seeing how much hardware you needed to make electronic music in 1986

1 Like

Can see why Chris Lowe had the brawn if he had to carry that DX1 around with him