Peter Jackson sort of remaking Let It Be

Thread:

Always thought that the original Let It Be documentary would eventually be remastered and reissued, probably only once Sir Paul passes on because he does NOT come out of it well.

Ah hang on, the press release says:

Following the release of this new film, a restored version of the original Let It Be movie directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg will also be made available

Looking forward to a hi def version of Lennon’s death stare at Macca :+1:

1 Like

Paul, you CUNT!

1 Like

Everyone else is fed up and he tries to keep chipper and excited and pushes it too far. In the original there are two particularly fraught scenes, one where he’s trying to get George to play a different guitar line and George is really annoyed, and another where he’s talking at John and pushing very different ideas to what they’d all agreed and John just stares into him. The edit makes it look like Paul’s in charge and he generally comes across as a bit of a dick throughout.

1 Like

With all the Beatles shite that’s been released, there’s no way that any of the stuff that’s not been released will be any good

2 Likes

Doesnt sound too bad tbh

1 Like

Paul’s always paranoid about how Let It Be made him look, but seriously the big row they had is clearly just the sort of thing that goes on in bands every day of the week. Someone should show him Some Kind Of Monster or Anvil.

This new film is A Good Thing though for sure.

Let It Be a 12 hour 3 part trilogy

2 Likes

Anyway it was 50 years ago TODAY! Their last ever gig. Weird that the actual rooftop footage is only 20 minutes long in the film but 42 minutes IRL. Would be nice to see the whole thing at some point. Lewisohn reckons it was cleaned up years ago for a DVD but they (or Paul probs) nixed it.

50 years though!

Funny set looking back at it now;

Get Back
I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
(Jam)
Get Back
Don’t Let Me Down
I’ve Got a Feeling
One After 909 (With “Danny Boy” tease)
Dig a Pony (with a false start)
God Save the Queen
(Jam)
I’ve Got a Feeling (with “A Pretty Girl Is Like a Melody” tease)
Get Back
Don’t Let Me Down
Get Back (Cut short by police)

all of you need to see Meet the Feebles, before you go bandying Peter Jackson’s name around.

2 Likes

‘Get Back again? You’re all under arrest!’

1 Like

aye both great too

2 Likes