Petrels

That’s my tomorrow (today) sorted

1 Like

Me too!

As usual I am being pointlessly oldschool and waiting for my physical copy to arrive.

The story behind the album

http://www.self-titledmag.com/2019/06/04/petrels-feature-stream-the-dusk-loom/

This is probably my favourite record of the year already. In awe of the achievement here.

4 Likes

So far it is mine too. Immersive stuff. Beautiful melodies and layers.

1 Like

Saw him playing in St Leonard’s in Shoreditch a few years ago with a choir and was overwhelmed. New album is an AOTY contender. So good.

3 Likes

Anyone know if there are any live dates planned. LOVING this album…

3 Likes

He’s on Instagram might be worth asking him. I’d love to see him live @floatinglimb

I would love this to happen. I’ve put him on a couple times in the past so if he’s interested, i’d definitely be up for doing a Manchester / Huddersfield date

2 Likes

FINALLY got around to listening to The Dusk Loom. Was a massive fan of Flailing Tomb, and this latest record is wonderful! Would love to hear this live!

6 Likes

1 Like

Proceeds from this going to The Trussell Trust :+1:

2 Likes

Donated.

Downloaded.

Commiserated with Oli online.

Currently have Onkalo spinning on coloured vinyl to make me feel better on a shit day for my country.

Ben

2 Likes

Well done mate. It feels like a sad day. Especially for our NHS but Petrels have cheered me up!

1 Like

You too. It was a really weird atmosphere when I got into the hospital this morning, but the people I work with are good, like-minded and caring souls, and so we carry on the fight.

Wholesale change is needed at Labour HQ, and we can stick it to them next time when the blonde buffoon experiment has shown itself to be the callous, self-serving emperor’s new clothes that it surely is…

:fist:t3:

Ben
x

1 Like

Respect mate. I’m a paramedic. This morning I was working on a car from 0600. I got pulled off the road at 0645 and told to go and look after 5 patients in the corridor at the ED as the ED can only take 50 patients in majors and that was met. I had to remain there until 10:30 taking patients to the toilet, emptying sick bowls, administering pain relief. how is that even right?! It’s gonna get worse under Johnson and When brexit is done and there’s a shortage of nurses, Doctors and paramedics. It’s the worst I’ve known it in the 21 years I’ve done the job. But the sticking plaster right now is the dedication of the people working in the NHS who are going above and beyond.

3 Likes

We had 50 more kids in the (children’s) ED on Monday than the previous single day record - 292! 17h wait when I came on at 0800h on Saturday. Mental.

Hang in there, fella. Proud of you.

Ben

1 Like

You too!

:fist: to both of you guys.

3 Likes