PETROL CRISIS THREAD đźš—

How’s the fuel crisis going on round your way then?

All our local facebook groups have descended into just asking where there’s petrol. We put off a trip out to Tidemills yesterday and took the train to Lewes instead, and I’m not going to be in the office on Wednesday like I normally am.

Have you queued for hours? Have you witnessed any petrol station forecourt argy bargy? Are you a smug non driver?

Got about 100 miles left in the car. All the petrol stations around town are drained

No direct impact, I don’t drive.

1 Like

Saw this

8 Likes

Got a quarter tank and no plans to go anywhere so not too worried, not sure how local petrol stations are - my one issue was that trying to get may daughter to A&E on Friday evening probably took 30 mins longer that it should have because I got caught at two roundabouts that both had tailbacks because of people queuing for petrol.

Fucking swimming in the stuff, can’t give it away.

34 Likes

Black market that stuff

2 Likes

Our nextdoor neighbours have one of the big Teslas. If it gets desperate, we’re hijacking that.

Some of our local petrol stations have imposed a £30 limit on people filling up. We’re basically back to rationing again aren’t we?

Didn’t have enough to get home from Wales on saturday so had to sit in a queue for half an hour to get my rationed £20 worth of diesel.

Staff on the forecourt trying the stop the road from being blocked, someone was “banned for life” by the manager for putting £50 in.
There’s definitely be some good forecourt fight footage this week

4 Likes

We’ve really fucked it haven’t we.

3 Likes

A few garages shouting on Facebook that they’re fine. Lol.

No queuing. Seen some in Edinburgh though.

Looked like Some folk were prettttty pissed yesterday mind.

Nope. I’m a smug driver.

Got about a quarter of a tank of petrol - fine for now, but I’m due to be driving to a wedding in Redhill at the weekend so I’ll need some then. Worst case scenario is that we get the train (sidenote - a three hour train journey should not cost soooo much more than a three hour car trip for a family of four. Ridiculous, but we all know that).

There was quite a queue going past the Tesco station this morning - could probably have joined it but I don’t need it til Thursday and I’m trying to follow guidance. Easy to see why people are panic-buying and it’s typical Tory gaslighting to be blaming them.

my mate has no petrol so I can’t go to Corby to watch Lord of The Rings :cry:

Fuck all anywhere in Cambridge, AFAICT. Got 60 miles left. Just going to hole up for a couple of weeks an hope it blows over.

Remember the petrol shortages in the early 2000s. Not as good as that imo

4 Likes

Can’t say I’ve noticed tbh.

And where do you even start with politicians posting stuff like this:

Is it ignorance? Is it deliberate lies because they know they can get away with it? Is it provocation just to get a few clicks and wind up the lefties?

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1442432761143365634

7 Likes

No issue at all in Liverpool yesterday, tank was pretty much empty and needed some for work and usual queue for a weekend morning