Petty grudges

I boycotted Steve Lamacq for years, blaming him for the non release of Lauren Laverne’s solo album. It was meant to come out on Deceptive, which Steve had a part in forming, but the label went bust before the album came out (rumours around at the time were that they couldn’t afford the bills for Elastica’s drugs). I held the grudge for nearly twenty years, and then a little while back I found out that he’d cut ties with the label years beforehand because of a conflict of interest with his radio stuff. Oops

4 Likes

He’s still a fud though

1 Like

He’d be better off working behind the counter at a record shop

2 Likes

“Royal” Mail.
So, about six years ago I lived in a different flat but it was a ground floor flat with it’s own street facing front door. Anyway long story short, I had a neighbour who stole my letterbox flap. Like, middle of the night, crouched down at my front door and unscrewed my letterbox flap and took it away with him so my “flap” was just a hole in my door with some bristles sticking out.
The post people took a real dislike to this, for some reason unbeknownst to me. I mean yeah it was unsightly but it was still fit for purpose!! Anywho, six times I awoke to a post bag left in my front garden, and countless times my post half shoved in the hole with some of it limp from rain. Bizarre little protests.
I live somewhere completely different now and I have one post lady who I love, but the others can Royal Mailly suck me off. They ring my buzzer for all sorts of nonsense and also basically fist the post through the communal door and it makes me so angry I could spit. Have you ever had a loyalty card arrive split in half cause it was shoved so viciously through your post hole? Cause I have. So when it’s not my lovely Judy who rings the buzzer for me to collect parcels, I stand out the front in my pyjamas and I wait until their backs are turned and I Royally flip them the bird until my finger is sore.

8 Likes

How do you know it was your neighbour who made off with your letterbox? An utterly bizarre thing for anyone to do regardless.

Well, he wasn’t particularly mentally well (and I’m not shaming anyone for being like that btw) and he sort of latched on to me cause I was nice to him? Like he’d knock on my door multiple times a day/night and followed me to work a few times (had to hide amongst dog food once) and it was a bit much. I mean, yeah, I don’t have definitive proof it was him that stole my flap but considering he would knock on my front door at 3am and then the next day it was gone, I don’t think I’m pointing the finger unnecessarily. Also I never cared! I was just worried about him really. That which we call a flap by any other name would flap as sweet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guy at work: JEFF.

Passive aggressive bastard and workshy know-all.
Uses safety winks in all his teams messages when you know he’s actually having a pop at people.

JEFF

1 Like

Hate this. Sticking a wink emoji at the end of all your sentences doesn’t give you carte blanche to go around saying whatever mean-spirited shit comes into your head. Cowards.

1 Like

Wrote a great song called ‘Freefallin’’ but someone stole it

3 Likes

Somehow I missed this when I read it last night on my phone.

So I would just like to register now that yes, this is here. :smiley:

1 Like

Once my boyfriend made dinner and I was slow coming to the table (which is rude tbf) so he was like “come on! It’s getting cold!”

Ran out very apologetic, sat down and took a big bite. Food was so hot it caused a huge blister across the entire roof of my mouth instantly. Horrible and part way through the meal, the blister popped :woozy_face:.

I will never forgive or forget.

10 Likes

I forgot that you have never eaten a hot meal before

10 Likes

Lady at work a good while ago, were talking 2007/8ish.

I was temping at a school in Nottingham sorting through paperwork and filing things. There was a wide corridor with a double door at the end, I was about 10 paces ahead of another staff member so naturally I held the door open in a perfect display of chivalry. What does she do? She opens and walks through the other door, saying nothing and not acknowledging my presence. Needless to say I was gobsmacked, crestfallen even. I stood there holding the door for another few seconds and then vowed to hate her until my dying breath.

4 Likes

What do you think her petty grudge against you was? That’s a snub if ever I saw one.

We didn’t even know each other. I can only assume my reputation for being quite exquisitely bad at paperwork and filing things preceded me, or she thought I was a student and was going to close the door as she passed through it. Both things I suppose would have been fair enough, but I think she was just being a knob

1 Like

This is such a good value thread

3 Likes

@Squandered

rinsed mate.

1 Like

Never going to spend money on Big Thief again as they are playing three dates in london (unless @Severed799 treats me one day!)

1 Like

Got a couple new grudges now, tbh

2 Likes

I don’t pay for guys generally and I know the tour manager so it’s the least I can do :sweat_smile:

1 Like