Petty reasons you’ve dumped someone

It is the worst - although I did get a 3 year relationship with someone lovely out of it, so there were some good ones on there too.

Don’t understand why anyone is still on it in the age of Tinder and it’s imitators though

If it’s a consolation (it isn’t) you just made me feel better about one of my coffee dates: she’d barely sat down, and hadn’t even ordered coffee, before she called it off. Not sure what I’d managed to do in that time to turn her off… (pretty much the next date was with my current tv and we’ve been together 13 years, so…)

1 Like

There’s a recurring joke on Catfish that like half of their episodes come from PoF.

1 Like

yeesh. think in that situation you kind of have to think that those people just aren’t ready to be dating for whatever reason.

Thank you, that does make me feel better :slight_smile:

My working hypotheses were:

1. I’m really ugly (but she’d seen my pics)
  2. She knew me from somewhere before (I’m partially faceblind, so its possible that I hadn’t recognised her - but again she would have seen my pics already)
  3. I’m fully boring and/or awkward (obligatory “well I do post on DiS”)

So I’ll take “she’s not ready to be dating” like a shot

1. would be pretty unthinkably awful. 2. fair enough but surely you’d at least say ‘i’m sorry, but i think we’ve met before and this is a bit awkward, it’s best if i go’ etc 3. same as no 1 really, at least stay for a bit and try to get to know someone before writing them off as not your cuppa/boring/whatever.

been on a few dates that at first i was like 'ah fuck, this is gonna be the most awkward night of my life but they’re never that bad.

It’s the continental way. The Italians wouldn’t dream of starting the day without a blow job…and…maybe a bit of anal…

Went on a first date with a girl and to be honest as soon as I saw her my first impression was ‘Nope’. But I saw the date through, bought her lunch, even went on a second date in case I’d misjudged her but it just wasn’t there and never was.

No need to be a dick about it though.

m8 she was from Washington

Yeah, most times I haven’t “clicked” with someone we’ve usually been able to end the date on decent terms.

I have been ghosted and stuff before but that was generally after the date so :man_shrugging:

This happened to me once too. Usually I went straight to the date, but in this one case we talked for about a month ahead of time and I’d never experienced someone seeming so interested in me. My hopes were very high.

But when we got there, she took one look at me and I could see her face contort into an expression of pure disgust that never left and that she didn’t even bother trying to hide. She grumbled every sentence and kept saying, “Are you done your coffee yet?” After one too many of those I said “oh if you have to go, that’s totally fine.” Before I was even done the last word I got a quick, phony “Well nice to meet you” and she stormed off with an expression of sheer hatred.

wowsers, it’s rough out there.

Who are all these awful women?

1 Like

Someone messaged me on OK Stupid but they’ve got Esperanto listed as one of their interests so I’m ignoring it. Does that count?

10 Likes

This has done me

1 Like

We watched the film Billy Liar. He said it was boring.

1 Like

Because I asked her if she minded if I went and watched Harry Hill live with some mates on our 6-month anniversary - she said it was fine. Genuinely said it was fine. Not even in a passive-agressive ‘yeah, fine, but actually you’re a physical embodiment of cunt-hood for doing this’ way.

A week later she was in an almight strop with me and this was why.

Couldn’t be doing with that shit, man. Not during A-Levels.

2 Likes

Also, six month anniversary, not a thing

4 Likes

True.

I was in my first bf / gf situation and not having a clue how to deal with potential molehill mountains, I thought I’d best plan ahead.

You were absolutely right, just getting upset about missing a fictional anniversary is more unreasonable than missing an actual one.

1 Like