Phases People Go Through

All men at some point between the ages of 18 and 22 go through a Kerouac / Bukowski phase where they think they’re a tortured misunderstood outsider whose malaise and tiredness of the world is only matched with their desire to tell everyone how beautiful and sad it is.

Also a Henry Rollins phase usually a year or two after where they think they’re a misanthrope and that black coffee is a personality trait.

What other phases do people go through?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Is that a phase or a cycle? I’m somewhere between 4 and 1.

Keep seeing this photo everywhere and not understanding what’s significant about it

1 Like

4 people dressed differently

4 Likes

Edgelord phase

1 Like

Think im probably still in that phase deep down

Yeah they are dressed differently i suppose
… aren’t we all though???

5 Likes

Oh yeah that’s a shit one isn’t it.

1 Like

Well you’ve got your Waning Gibbous, your Waxing Gibbous, your…

Oh I’m sorry, I thought you said Phases Moon Go Through hahahhahaha! Silly me!

21 Likes

Yeah came here to say the pretentious early 20s. Funny that you’re peak snob when you know the least

11 Likes

Ultimately some people will eventually rach what they want to say after they finally fit ‘ultimately…’ into their speach.

1 Like

Jigsaw and birdwatching phase

7 Likes

Everyone goes through the phase of thinking they’re too grown up for Looney Tunes before remembering that they’re really funny again sometime later in their lives.

7 Likes

1 Like

Paul Daniels phase??

1 Like

A phase based on the band /subgenre that was popular as a teenager

• goth phase
  • Britpop phase
  • nu-metal phase
  • Libertines phase
  • nu rave phase

Oh and the Manics too

4 Likes

I actually did go through that and had his magic set but couldn’t do any of the tricks. I think I wanted it to grant me arcane powers but it just had string and stuff.

1 Like

Joy Division

Oh yeah the idolising Ian Curtis phase. I did one of those.

2 Likes