Phobias (polls)

Let’s talk about phobias. No posting content of people’s phobias obvs. I’ve SSPed it too!

I’m deathly afraid of moths. Like will run away from them in the street. It’s good I have a cat now as I just lock the door with Bones in there and he usually sorts it out in 10 mins.

More or less fine with anything else though. Snakes, spiders whatever.

• I can see why you are afraid
  • I cannot see why you are afraid

0 voters

Are we supposed to respond as to whether we have any empathy or whether we also share this fear?

I mean, I can see why someone is afraid of anything and everything

3 Likes

whether you can see why they are scary.

like if someone posts that they are scared of plantpots, I could not fathom how that would be scary so would vote accordingly.

3 Likes

Surely the whole thing with a phobia is that it’s irrational?

My brother is phobic about needles - can’t even be in the room if someone is having an injection on tv

2 Likes

idk, having a phobia about hurricanes, or sharks or spiders is probably rational.

1 Like

Balloons for me, Clive

• I can see why you’re afraid
  • I cannot see why you’re afraid

0 voters

Balloons are pretty bad.

1 Like

Fungi/mould

• Phobia
  • I understand
  • I share this

0 voters

Falling
  • I can see why you’re afraid
  • I can not see why you’re afraid

0 voters

It’s not heights, I don’t mind being ridiculously high up, but was on the second floor of some scaffolding earlier and felt a bit funny

Snakes

0 voters

Does anyne sort of enjoy their phobia in a weird way?

My phobia is of very big man made things like huge boats or overly large sculptures (megalophobia) and of blue whales and i guess other giant sea creatures (Thalassophobia) but every once in a while i sort of want to force myself to look at them and be scared. Esp with thrle sculptural stuff given that’s also one of my main interests.

Can you also have mild phobias? Idk. The holes one, it makes me feel repulsed and sick but i dont know if that counts as a phobia and if I’d never seen lotus boob maybe I’d never have it. That ruined me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, thallasophobia for me too. Can’t look at pictures of killer whales etc.

1 Like

Never know how to deal with this menace.

10 Likes

Cant edit this anymore wirhout it being embarrassing. Why cant i just type?

You are such a joyous account, bears. Such a delight to get a notification from you

7 Likes

Tbf i read it about 3 times and still think you’re scared of a very big man.

Me too, mate. Me too.

2 Likes

Drive Thru Car Washes

0 voters

And that is not tonight as it turns out :cold_face:

Fish (alive, swimming about with their slippy skin, being a shower of twats)

• Horrible fucky wucky grime merchants
  • I’m somehow a normal person in this regard

0 voters

Static shocks

• Weird
  • Understandable

0 voters