Phobias (probably needs to be ssp)

is this the same ex that sends you pics of blue whales coz fucking hell

2 Likes

Seemingly to the endless amusement of everyone I know, buttons :sweat:

Unfortunately the proper name of the phobia is too hard for me to ever remember. Couldn’t believe there actually was one - just thought it was me being weird. Turns out there are more weirdos than me :man_shrugging:

Hope that wasn’t my fault! :grimacing:

1 Like

Not really. Kissing isn’t an issue as it doesn’t feel threatening.

1 Like

Haha yeah but he doesn’t do that in a mean way. Well I suppose scaring me is mean but it’s not like when he’s pissed off with me. And it does haunt me a bit but in more of a socually acceptable way that you can mock me for. Just think he can’t take me seriously when I talk about what scares me because maybe he doesn’t have phobias so he can’t relate.

1 Like

Spiders and horses. Surprised the filth on horseback have never pulled me up on all the times I’ve been walking along, spotted one of them, gone very pale and hurried away quickly.

Probably not a phobia as such, but caterpillars (and centipedes, millipedes and that) properly make my skin crawl, as it were.

Don’t mind butterflies and moths at all. My wife hates butterflies, but is fine caterpillars.

Tbf I imagine a spiderhorse would be utterly terrifying.

(Probably best you don’t click that spoiler really)

It’d have to be present to trigger me.

Got disqualified from an RE GCSE exam for losing it when a spider showed up on my desk.

Oof that’s harsh. My arachnophobia has cost me nothing but dignity so far. Partcularly that time a large spider took up residence in my kitchen near the kettle so I just gave up drinking coffee till it moved on (about a week).

I didn’t until I googled it, some of the pictures make me feel really uncomfortable (don’t Google it)

A friend of mine has this. We only found out when she came to stay with us and the duvet set in our spare room was similar to this [phobia warning - contains buttons]…

190426%20Buttons

Completely forgot about my main phobia… bridges. Cannot cross them. Think I’m going to throw myself over the edge

I appreciate you blurring that, thanks. I’ve got a good idea of what’s on the picture though - my wife’s bought duvet sets that fasten that way at the bottom before. We get around it by fastening them inwards and then I can kid myself they’re not there. The idea of my bare feet touching is too much.

I’ve had to become desensitised in some ways over the years - shirts are a necessary evil of school and work. So I can handle buttoning a shirt, though I could/would never fasten the collar and have always struggled to look properly at anyone who has.

What I never managed to get over is unnecessary/decorative buttons or those that are where they shouldn’t be. I remember there being one on our bathroom floor once. Stayed there for months freaking me out every day with its evil eye until I summoned the courage to grab it on a clump of toilet roll and bin it.

2 Likes

The spider was probably Jesus in disguise and you’re an actual parable: The parable of Konichiwa_Bitches and Jesus the spider.

this is not a phobia but I have a weird thing with bridges where whenever I cross them I have an urge to get my phone out and throw it off the bridge so it smashes. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yep this too!! I can JUST about manage to cross bridges like train bridges- but only if they are completely enclosed/i cant see over the top of the sides

sorry to hear that, it must be a real inconvenience on top of everything else!

1 Like

MASSIVELY this. I find myself taking detours/spending money on buses just so I can avoid them.Sometimes I’ve even had to go to an inconvenient station just so I didn’t have to contend with a bridge :frowning:

1 Like

This is totally me too! I had to learn to deal with plain buttons for things like school shirts but I can’t deal with patterned or textured ones. Gilded ones are the worst. A textured gilded button will make me feel sick. Just touching an unnecessary button makes me feel a bit greasy in a way? It’s so annoying seeing a nice dress or something on a rail in a shop then picking it up and it’s got awful buttons just sewn on. Ew ew ew.

1 Like