Phobias

Ah in that case you’re more like my mum…she loves a good view up a hill, but will spend most of the descent shuffling down on her arse to minimise fall potential.

Totally agree about dangerous winds though.

Ah no, going down I’m a beast! I’m bounding around happy as ever. It’s the going up that’s bad. So really, I’m nothing like your Mum :smiley: Haha!

1 Like

mine is moths by the way :frowning:

like instantly go into fight or flight mode, run and ask someone to get rid of it. I’ve embarrassed myself in front of housemates, colleagues and loved ones, I have no shame.

I was going to do a photo of me touching some foam with my tongue to reply to this but then I’d have to take my dice out (steady) in the office, which would be bad enough but the dice box is inside a Netrunner box.

So just imagine it please.

1 Like

which is weird, because I’m totally fine with actually dangerous things like spiders, snakes, wasps etc. will happily handle them.

I’ll try but I can’t promise anything.

1 Like

Wasps. Can’t even look at a picture of one or at a dead one.

1 Like

Alright Danny fackin’ Dyer

can we trade phobias :frowning: mine actually has a negative affect on my life during moth season :frowning:

I don’t think I have any. Does come in handy when my housemates flip out about a spider and I’m around to get rid of it. Met some nice spiders over the years because of it.

Used to have a phobia of flying but don’t any more.

Used to have a phobia of stickers. Still do but not so much. Now I can touch them but they still make me heave.

Still have a fear of balloons and champagne/prosecco corks. I’ve never opened a bottle of prosecco and I don’t plan to start.

1 Like

does my nut.

Mine is milk. Can’t watch anyone drinking it – I have to leave the room. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.

Before your DiS time, I think, but this reads like a @craigfoley post

5 Likes

I actually laughed out loud in the office at this. Brilliant work Witches.

1 Like

Is that because of the anxiety over them popping? I get twitchy when opening a champagne bottle, and when I see kids putting balloons in their mouth.

I am scared that my phone will go off in the theatre. Even if I turn it off, I worry I’ve set an alarm months ago to go off in the middle of Act 1.

Yeah. The anticipation.
I can’t have balloons near me or my face. Just generally hate being in a room with a balloon.

I have to leave the room if someone is opening prosecco or champagne. If we’re in a resturant or somewhere that I can’t get away, I have to cower and put my fingers in my ears :frowning:

I won’t be offended here, but would you consider a phobia to moths more lolworthy than spiders?

I’m glad this horrific moment in my life brought you some joy, kallgeese …

:wink: It was very funny. He wanted to show me this lovely beach he used to visit when he was little but the hill was covered in gorse bushes that were all FULL TO THE BRIM with these big, fat spiders. He couldn’t find the pathway and I was having to literally walk into clusters of them, I was half laughing at the situation and sobbing. Also, the gorse bushes managed to hide what was some pretty severe drops :smiley: YAAAAAYYYYYY