Photographs with a lot to analyse

Posting in social as I don’t want it limited to football at all. But absolutely love this sort of thing, inspired by remembering how great this is. New favourite person in it everytime I see it (currently exasperated coffee man in the bottom left).

More examples of this sort of thing please

10 Likes

I like this dude who is the only happy one in the picture

1 Like

George Lucas with the slightly bored swearing in the top right is really good.

3 Likes

is football always that scary?

Maybe it’s just the static nature of it but everyone there looks like they’re going to kill the footballer

3 Likes

Liking this Bash Street Kid here

1 Like

think this lad was on Newsnight

you’re right though, great photo

6 Likes

Chelsea have a generally quite angry bunch of fans, Spurs are one of their biggest rivals and Dele Alli (the player who’s just scored) intentionally wound them up in his celebration. So it’s the exception rather than the norm

1 Like

not newsnight, whatever that fucking program is

13 Likes

Imagine this was your dad

2 Likes

35 Likes

there was a demotivational poster years back involving a bunch of random stuff, like a geek in a suit holding a kettle on a road but also an ambulance had crashed into a river next to him? Finding it very hard to search for, so if anyone remembers what I mean could they please post it here thx xoxo

as aggpass said that’s kinda a strong case but you do still get a lot of angry people at football matches. clubs are cracking down on racist abuse but more generic abuse of players and refs is still really normalised.
hardly ever seen any actual violence at a game though

2 Likes

Everything about that photo is amazing. One of the reasons it is so satisfying to look at is that has many of the elements of classic composition. There’s a triangle taking in all the figures with the top angle roughly where the lamppost meets the top of the image which I really like.

You can also apply the golden ratio to it, leading your eye to the guy being arrested at the bottom

Also the guy on the floor desperately hanging onto his pint is brilliant.

10 Likes

24 Likes

Not sure the lad towards the back needs to hold his friend back. I’m pretty sure your pal isn’t going to make his way down to invade the pitch, but then again maybe he has seen him do some crazy shit in the past?

3 Likes

He’s pulling a Hoddle as they say in the trade

1 Like

This one? think its a UPS truck.

5 Likes

YES!

we pack and deliver like

1 Like

4 Likes