Phrases people use in films that you wish you could use in real life

pretty much everything Cedric Daniels says in the Wire.

Bend too far, you’re already broken.

‘Look at the brains on Brad’

‘Your young you will’

You’re a loose cannon! I’ve got the DA AND the mayor on my ass. Hand in your badge and gun, you’re off the case!

3 Likes

This one’s good because it’s so versatile.

1 Like

You’ll not be surprised hear that I’ll use any excuse to shoehorn a Wayne’s World quote into real life. If anything, even more so than on here.

I found one or two things that I’d been saying for such a time that I’d forgotten where they’d actually come from until seeing them again on youtube or whatever.

you’re a big man but your out of shape and I do this for a living

1 Like

This is between you and me, let the girl go!

We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Sorry about the cunt at reception.

i’ve used this from time to time

i’m your huckleberry

you busted up that crack house pretty bad, McGarnagle!

2 Likes

Shut it, Love Actually!

What the hell is this from?

Mostly quotes from The Thick Of It tbh.

Do say “difficult difficult lemon difficult” whenever the opportunity arises, though.

2 Likes

Shark Attack 3

“We’ve got company”, never been in any car chases though

1 Like

Look Marge, you don’t know what it’s like. I’m the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I’m not out of order! You’re out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can’t handle the truth! 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend’s face, you’ll know what to do! Forget it, Marge, it’s Chinatown,

2 Likes

Follow me. I’ll explain on the way.