phrases that don't make sense

I guess if you’re throwing shit to start with then maybe you don’t have any good ideas anyway, but just because one idea is stickier doesn’t make it any better!

More?

I don’t think the general phrase is about throwing “shit” though.

And it’s not about producing a good idea, it’s about producing one that is viable.

2 Likes

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Words man, they stick. I’m not in therapy for that time I broke my arm, yknow.

12 Likes

When people say “it’s all downhill from here” to imply things are going to get worse. Surely going downhill is preferable to going uphill?

11 Likes

yeah, and “it’s all uphill from here” would imply things getting worse to me too. Maybe then it is accurate - whichever way you go things get bad :smiley:

2 Likes

at the bottom of the hill you die

#isthatg

Also to say something “went down like a lead balloon”. Well then surely it went down well? Regular balloons go down badly. Lead balloons on the other hand, if there’s one thing they do well, it’s go down.

12 Likes

i think once things start turning to shite the momentum makes things worse and worse

Cheap at half the price. Makes no sense whatsoever.

8 Likes

If something is sub par in golf, that’s a good thing, if something is sub par elsewhere, it’s bad.

6 Likes

means that even if it cost half of what it does it would still be cheap, so extra cheap

2 Likes

if you reviewed crappy drinking establishments you could be a sub-par pub tsar

3 Likes

but half the price is less than the full price

1 Like

Yeah so if something cost £20 and you say it’s cheap at half the price you mean that even if it cost £10 it would be cheap. This is how I interpret it anyway

2 Likes

wait what?!

7 Likes

yeah it makes no sense sorry, I forgot what half meant

9 Likes

All in all you’re just another shit on the wall

So near so s(ub)par

1 Like

Sub par bar tsar even

Have your cake and eat it.

I know what it’s meant to mean, but it just doesn’t really work because 99% of the time when someone has some cake they do eat it.

1 Like