Physical appearance changes in response to, um, things.

Or pits for that matter.

Last non food /drink shop we did in our family was to get purple hair dye for eldest as she’s always wanted to dye her hair and when she realised she wasn’t going to be in school for months she seized the opportunity.

My wife has this thing where she’s going to not wash her hair /use shampoo during lockdown as the hair’s natural cleaning process or something kicks in after a few weeks apparently.

The first week the Internet told her to comb bicarbonate of soda into it. Recently she’s reading a thing about putting vinegar in there. She smells like salad dressing but looks fab.

1 Like

I’ve been going five days without washing my hair which is a lonnnnng time for me considering I normally wash it once or twice a day. After five days it pretty much can stand up vertically.

1 Like

Just self cut my fringe.mmm. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

My 16 year old son shaved his head for the 1st time on lockdown - think there was some kind of “challenge,” going on but it looks good. He’s doing "no poo"and says he wants to grow it long now.

There’s definitely a cliche about changing hair after a failed relationship as a way of signifying you are “moving on” etc. Maybe that’s been superceded by the getting of a tattoo instead

Yes. Exactly this. Why are many people doing this (not a criticism).

My shampoo ran out and I thought there’s no point in buying more at the moment and remembered, of all people, Take That at their peak in the 90’s saying on a chat show that they didn’t use shampoo and you could almost feel the shampoo companies cringing.

It’s been a week now and looks and feels no different to when using shampoo (not that I have much hair) - but why has a global pandemic prompted people to sort of collectively think / act like this?

I think with the shampoo thing the answer is a simple one : it looks shit for the first few days and no one wants to go outside, go to work, meet people in those days. When you’re in lockdown pushing through that first period is much easier.

Going to have a handlebar moustache soon

I have short hair but only use shampoo when I have cut it for some reason. So maybe 8 times a year.

Dreadlocked my bum hair