Pick an album… to mark DiS’ 21st birthday

I’ve gone for giving this a spin

3 Likes

There’s another thread over here too

It’s gotta be Kid A hasn’t it.

:tumbleweed appears, theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly plays:

2 Likes

Listened to Parklife and Push the Sky Away today, both for the first time in absolutely ages. Found a lot of Parklife really quite irritating, so let’s go with PTSA

1 Like

Going to keep it simple and go with Siamese Dream. 63 minutes of pure perfection and the most beautiful thing ever recorded.

1 Like

I’m already listening to this, will this do?

1 Like

Going for the first of very very many albums that I got into through this site.

My first DiS experience was a feature from 2006 that was a list of best 66 albums from the previous six years. Anyway Bjork got top spot and I never managed to get into her but number two was this and it’s been a really important album to me, and one of my all time faves, ever since.

5 Likes

The first DiS birthday I celebrated was the 6th, I think, at the Camden Barfly with these guys headlining, just before they released…

3 Likes

DiS got me into Rolo so I’ll go for this.

2 Likes

Fucking love Panopticon. The run of Backlit - In Fiction - Wills Dissolve is just perfect.

1 Like

3 Likes

Crikey been a while since I heard that!

I feel like At the Drive-In’s Relationship of Command is the quintessential album to mark this event.

4 Likes

Without too much thought, I’ve gone with this.

4 Likes

Such a special record but still find it near impossible to listen to since we lost Scott.

Emeralds - Does It Look Like I’m Here?

Wasn’t this an official DiS AOTY?

This album opened up so many avenues for me. Steve Hauschildt, John Elliott, Mark McGuire solo work. McGuire linking up with Trouble Books led to their albums and the more recent Lejsovka & Freund work (Funnily enough I’m waiting on a Lejsovka & Freund vinyl to arrive this week)

3 Likes

Songs: Ohia - Ghost Tropic (released 21 years ago)

3 Likes
1 Like

Should probably go with the album due to which I stumbled onto DiS while looking for reviews:

61JnjouGEvL.AC_SX450

4 Likes