Pick one and only one record to recommend from 2022 so far

No honorable mentions. Die on your hill

BILLY WOODS - Aethiopes

Probably the most enamoured ive been with an albums beats in a long time. Really unique vibe

14 Likes

Nilufer yanya for me.

Great voice. Banging tunes.

9 Likes

Soul Glo- Diaspora Problems

8 Likes

Joe Rainey - Niineta

No idea what pow wow is, but blown away by this.

1 Like

Konono No 1 & Deerhoof & loads of other great musicians? Oh that’s vibes alright

3 Likes

Dhidalah - Sensoria

Mindblowing motorik psychout rock from Tokyo.

4 Likes

Gracie Grey - Anna

1 Like

Deki Alem - Among Heads

Came here to post this.

I’m genuinely a bit annoyed you got here first.

3 Likes

Well i did have a significant advantage

2 Likes

Stromae - Multitude

A kaleidoscope of styles and influences from hiphop to pop to world folk. So good!

4 Likes

Blood Incantation - Timewave Zero

Death Metal band who usually write songs about wars with alien races on distant volcanic planets make an ambient album and it sounds like the soundtrack they’d listen to on some Nostromo sized spaceship while travelling to volcanic planet to fight aliens.

I cant get enough of it.

8 Likes

Gorgeous meditative Americana/finger picking folk

5 Likes

Flamboyant pop in the vein of associates, Wild Beasts, Bowie, Sparks, early Franz ferdinand… but also influenced by modern electronic artists like SOPHIE, Arca and the like.

The most addictive album I’ve heard in years.

1 Like

Such a fun and unique record. Top 5 contender at the end of the year, no question.

7 Likes

Could have also said Earl Sweatshirt, Binker & Moses and billy woods too.

Country pop singer songwriter. I was not expecting to love it but I do

7 Likes

Keeley Forsyth - Limbs

1 Like

~ taps sign ~

4 Likes

Arcas - Arcas

“Influenced by artists such as Heretoir, Alcest, Der Weg Einer Freiheit, Veldes and Kauan, the intention of Arcas‘ music is to allow the listener to drift away, experience beautiful landscapes and embark on an emotional journey while listening. To that end the songwriting centers around the contrast of fast and heavy Black Metal parts on the one hand and soft and mellow clean parts on the other.”

1 Like