Picky tea

If my mum is in charge then it will also include:

Hard boiled eggs
Smoked salmon
Anchovies

1 Like

No I absolutely understand that! Picky teas aren’t for everyone! I think it’s good to have different opinions ITT :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guess id go

Some of those higgidy miso rolls
Some normal mini sausage rolls
Baba ganoush and flatbread
Nocellera olives
Some really salty crisps
Grilled artichokes
Maybe some Almond cheese and crackers (Tyne Chease is decent) and a chili jam

A funeral i went to had mini yorkshire pudding filled with cream cheese and chives which was a very good so maybe that if you can make it vgn

5 Likes

What is this?

I prefer a big cohesive meal on my plate

I don’t like tapas either (or maybe I like it in the proper sense of it being a snack to have with your drink if that’s what it is). But like if you go for a meal with a group of people and you end up deciding on a tapas restaurant: hate it

1 Like

Needs hummus, salsa, three kinds of crisps, as much olives that can be sourced, breadstricks, few of those quorn chipolatas, if you can also get spring rolls, samosas and bhajis you’re really in business

3 Likes

Yeah I completely get that- it definitely is a chaotic meal.

Think I like them cause I’m a nibbler/grazer so it works for my style of eating

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll happily have one given me to or make it up at a wedding buffet etc, but never going to make it myself at home - would need to buy about ten things to make it work and I don’t put that much effort into my most complex meals

Had a mini one on Thursday.

Baguette, cut into slices
Cold meats
Cheese
Pork pie
Scotch egg
Doritos and dips

Best thing about Christmas is the week or so of picky dinners you have after the main event.

Cheese and biscuits, leftover meat, samosas, pork pies, etc, etc 3 times a day.

2 Likes

This is exactly Mrs F’s thinking, she doesn’t like to rush through eating sometimes and needs something that she can leave and come back to.

2 Likes

No one’s mentioned mini scotch eggs yet.

I might post a photo of ours later.

2 Likes

those quorn sausages are grrreat

once ate a whole box of them when i was stuck in a traffic jam and got gas so bad it made me cry though

3 Likes

those greek vines stuffed with rice, fuck yeah

3 Likes

Or half and half as with sausage rolls.

1 Like

I’ve never had them hot! I haven’t lived.

Please do!

Those feta & herb parcels from M&S are good for this too.

5 Likes

Oh god yeah. And the halloumi and courgette ones. Phwooooar

1 Like

And the pork scratching straws but I don’t think they do them anymore.

I remember once being at a buffet of some sort where one of the vegan options was just shredded red cabbage. Wasn’t sauerkraut or anything, just… shredded.

1 Like