Pierce film lid several times

How many times are you piercing that bad boy?

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5-6
  • frenzied attack
0 voters
1 Like

Alfred Hitchcock Art GIF by hoppip

8 Likes

“Leave to stand for three to four minutes after microwaving”

• Well, that’s what the instructions say so they probably know best
  • A minute or two is absolutely fine
  • Safety first option - will leave for five minutes or more
  • Already burning the roof of my mouth off m9
0 voters

me piercing film lid several times: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!!
me peeling film lid back to stir halfway through cooking: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

38 Likes

Thats why you never stir halfwaytl

Pointless

1 Like

Enjoy your uneven distribution of heat!

6 Likes

Big fan of spreading the stabs relatively evenly, don’t let any of the film feel left out, or that the air has nowhere to escape

4 Likes
  • Actually stir it
  • Give it a quick shakey shake
  • Leave it because i’m a wrong’n
0 voters

at Reading

5 Likes

I think this is my primary motivation

1 Like

ADHD option: intend to leave it for 3 minutes, get distracted and let it go cold

8 Likes

*Dido option

7 Likes

I wrote a radio play in which one of the scenes involved piercing a microwave lasagne lid and we had a lot of fun recording someone going absolutely hell for leather on it

6 Likes

I just peel back a corner ready for stirring/serving and don’t bother with any of that piercing nonsense.

4 Likes

I like to imagine that by only piercing once, the carton puffs like a train, or spouts like a breaching whale.

Never there to enjoy the phenomenon, obvs, but I’m imagining it hard for all 25-26 minutes.

1 Like

What a maverick

1 Like

Usually just peel the corner back a bit, failing that one quick but massive stab

2 Likes

:church:

1 Like

The feeling you get in the split second of the first pierce penetrating the film is a glimpse of heavenly bliss. That feeling is what the righteous will experience for all eternity after judgement day. And I recycle the tray and sleeve in their correct bins after consuming so that I will be one amongst their number.

7 Likes

cannot believe there’s people out here not piercing at all, a small piece of heaven is laid out before them and they just walk away? madness

1 Like