Pile (The band)

This is some pretty good stuff just got into them, anyone else bothered?

1 Like

Love 'em. " The Jones" from that album is my favourite song by them. ā€œDogsā€ from their most recent album is also incredible, and a slight departure in sound for them

All the albums are great, seen them a few times now and they never disappoint.

Great bandā€¦ All of their albums are worth listening to. Will catch them live when I can, think Iā€™ve seen them at Brudenell three times now. Deserve far more recognition than they get, definitely puts me in a certain mood though a bit like listening to Harvey Milk does. Usually tear up to ā€œPetsā€ specially if Iā€™ve had a few.

Loved Youā€™re Better Than This and Magic Isnā€™t Real.

Picked up the latest one last time I saw them and havenā€™t really listened to it much, not sure Iā€™ve clicked with it like the others.

Huge fan. Saw them in Brighton. Immense live.
Dripping and Magic Isnā€™t Real are completely wonderful. Youā€™re Better Than This strangely has some of their most beautiful stuff (Waking Up in the Morning, Mr. Fish) but most maddeningly obtuse stuff (Touched by Comfort, Yellow Room).
I do love how they sound like they are just about to fall apart but they somehow keep together. All their songs are mutated into weird shapes that suddenly surprise you with melody or violence, and of course Rick Maguire is a brilliant vocalist. He might not be the best lyricist in the world, but heā€™s also touched a nerve I can connect to.
Do really like the latest one. Great tunes on there, like Dogs and Leaning on a Wheel, and Fingers is another level. Check out the live one here on Audiotree.

Pile so so good!

This band needs more love

2 Likes

YEAH NEW PILE!!

3 Likes

So so good

Surprised theirs not more love for these guys here

Seen them live. Liked them.

Album shaping up nicely now!

This band should be like a DIS favorite

Very strange

whole album available to listen to here

2 Likes

ā€˜Hairā€™ is fucking amazing

2 Likes

Iā€™m a recent fan, got into them via A Hairshirt Full of Purpose. New record sounds pretty ace so far. Just picked up a ticket to their London gig in September, first gig in nearly 4 yearsā€¦ (WTF, donā€™t have kids if you want to have a life).
They strike me as a band that would be good live - anybody know if Iā€™m right?

ā€¦ and since Iā€™m a moron I accidentally put the order through twice. Guess Iā€™ll be returning to this thread trying to sell a ticket closer to the date!

Great live band. I could watch Rick play guitar all day.

Got my ticket for Bristol. Cannot wait (but will have to)

Ideally want a Dublin date, but will travel if possible

ill buy that ticket if they dont play dublin

ā€œFrom a long line of translucent lizards comes our boy Stephenā€ :grin:

I can confirm this album rocks

A grower great stuff

I too am digging this album hard (first experience of them)

Picking up shades of The Jesus Lizard, Slint, Hot Snakes, Lift to Experienceā€¦ and some others I havenā€™t quite managed to pin down yet

1 Like

maybe Modest Mouse and Why?

Weā€™re putting them on in Oxford! Filthy.

1 Like