Pints

used to work in a pub where a couple of german regular customers used to come in and insist that their pints of krombacher were poured in such a way as to create a head like this. It involved leaving the empty glass on the drip tray and opening the tap, then leaving the full pint of foam to settle, and repeat three or four times. I think you ended up using about 1.8 pints of beer for every pint paid for that way, but the manager absolutely lapped it up.

1 Like

I had 2x lovely pints and 2x terrible pints at the weekend

1 Like

Aye slow pour is how it should be, less gassy, more flavour!

Beer (and red wine for that matter) should be served at cellar temperature. I don’t have a cellar so I’m not sure exactly how cold that is, but believe it’s warmer than a fridge but colder than my kitchen. If a drink is too cold you can’t actually taste it, which presumably is the appeal of extra-cold Guinness - a cool drink for people who don’t like the taste of stout.

1 Like

a cold pissy lager should be cold enough that it has no flavour

I’m ok with that

5 Likes

I think a group of Irish members of the travelling community telling me I poured their Guinness “like an Irishman” is one of my greatest achievements.

9 Likes

Ffs

You’ve made me read the word pints

So now i need to have pints

3 Likes

I’m slowly coming around to the idea of beer being served in portions smaller than a pint so that each serving stays cold.

The Germans have it right with Kolsch…

5 Likes

you should have pints imo

3 Likes

Having a cask pint at the cinema rn

2 Likes

my cinema only does cans, but does some nice cans (Boundary)

And Altbier in Düsseldorf but that’s not all of Germany :wink:

1 Like

Cromarty Kowabunga FYI @Severed799

Changing it up from my usual Pentland IPA

Man I haven’t had that in years but always loved it (and Cromarty) in the past!

Is Guinness ‘cool’?

1 Like

It’s cooler than being cool it’s Ice Cold

1 Like

Pints

• Back
  • In crisis

0 voters

Not spent much time in Düsseldorf! Only passed through the airport flying back from a few beers in Köln…

1 Like

At uni I was too lazy to go all the way to the kitchen every time to get milk so I’d hang a pint of milk in a placcy bag out the window and shut the handles in the seal

3 Likes

A pint is too much liquid to drink in one go, and beer is much more enjoyable served in 1/2 or 2/3 pint measures.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters