Pitch me a novel and I’ll write it

A young woman gets really into the darts

2 Likes

True in the case of On the Road, yeah. But I hated that!

Guess it’s just some advice that someone gave me for writing a book quickly which I guess is the point of Nanowrimo. If you get stuck at 5000 then you don’t want to spend four days trying to understand where to go next :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no doubt a strong plot makes it easier to progress. That’s my problem, my brain just isn’t geared up to that kind of cause and effect

1 Like

Jurassic park, but it’s in the far far future where humans have evolved into, let’s call them new-mans, and they are bringing back extinct humans not dinosaurs

1 Like

Why not write a book about someone who posts on a message forum and begins to worry that everyone on there is actually the same person?

Like the truman show but for the ICQ generation

An actual proper idea.

Protagonist is a guy whose job is to play the part of a kindof chaotic mr blobby tv mascot kind of thing and the character he plays starts to blur into his real life, kindof psychological breakdown, hallucinations type of thing. Messes up his marriage / friendships / also gets into some fun adventures and scrapes or whatever, gets arrested. Some kind of comment on fragility of identity or whatever

1 Like

Maybe he actually turns into the tv mascot like in that book about the big bug

“As Gregory Samson awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic inflatable children’s entertainer.”

1 Like

Sounds good yeah? :grinning:

1 Like

Or maybe it’s more like the mascot character starts living the guys life. Like he starts seeing the mr blobby character in the real world, just in his peripheral vision at first, then in the car next to him in a traffic jam, One day he gets drunk and misses going to work, but the mr blobby type character still turns up. He’s sort of outside of his own experiences watching mr blobby have sex with his wife or whatever.

2 Likes

Kafka does Noel Edmonds? I like it.

1 Like

A dog who can talk and prepare himself a nice meal of Super Noodles, but can’t wash up.

1 Like

Makes me think of that gilla band video

This one:

I will bill them for using my idea