Pitchfork thoughts (Deid)

Love how people take the open goal of some of the criticisms in the review and manage to come out with this demented ‘rargh you should be bombed’ stuff instead

2 Likes

always fully lose it when reminded of this

1 Like

It’s very American to think that a score of 6.7 is a snub, especially when 7.5+ is generally regarded as great. What’s even the point in a 0-10 scale?

2 Likes
7 Likes

Good idea to be fair.

4 Likes

Pretty cool, I’ll give it a go this week.

Pure hell, using the Spotify algorithm to boost music/celebrity writing is a pathetic move imo. I wonder if Schreiber’s racist Coltrane review will be in the database

3 Likes

There’s already been some dodgy stuff flagged. I think there’s a disclaimer in there as well.

1 Like

I like this, will be using it for some new albums to listen to this week.

A whole new generation gets to read the pointless Kid A review

1 Like

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-history-of-the-pitchfork-reviews-section-in-38-important-reviews/

Oh god, they’re talking about their own reviews again :face_vomiting:

‘Important’

10 Likes

Enjoyed it tho!

To be fair, that Jet review is a classic.

5 Likes

Absolutely :smile:

They’ve done another one of those ‘…cause of death REVEALED’ articles, and for an artist they’ve rarely if ever spoken about previously. Nasty stuff. Need to stop giving that site the clicks, just a habit really.

5 Likes

That history of review thing is hideously self congratulatory. “Look how great even our shite reviews are!” Fuck right off. I normally don’t mind P4k, it’s no where near as shit as it used to be. But that article is awful.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’ll just assume this is happening with Pitchfork too

1 Like

Top 33 expensive things we make commission off when you buy

8 Likes
1 Like