⚽ PL GW 38 Hodgson's Last Hurrah ⚽

That is a shame, he was really likeable.

1 Like

Yeah we’ll be fine. Only player we’ve never really replaced in some way is Mahrez. Somehow Cengiz Under hasn’t quite worked out.

Some interesting names being linked Already for the summer… Edouard, Gosens, Soumaré…

Villa won the FA Youth Cup, aka the real quiz

1 Like

Ben White getting an England call-up is good. Wonder if he’ll move to a big six club this summer or next.

Interesting to see who plays if Maguire’s out. Massive alarm bells for different reasons on Mings, White, Godfrey, Coady or please not Dier

1 Like

All of this reeks of GS switching to 5 at the back to me. Certainly against the stronger teams.

1 Like

25 years ago today #neverforget

3 Likes

Would make some sense if Henderson, Maguire and Kevin Phillips are all out.

Think he’s in a bit of a shit situation with how unbalanced our squad is. Whoever he picks in the front 4 he’ll be missing some very good players out, everyone will blame that, or the formation for us getting dumped out with SUCH A GOLDEN BLOODY GENERATION. When really it’ll be us having no good keepers, and one good centre half (who’s still constantly on the verge of a rick)

2 Likes

Think Jude and Ricey can do more than a job there tbh, but yeah, it’s a shit situation. Doing these “name your England squad!” brings home how weak the CB pool is atm. The one benefit of the 5 is obviously that wing backs are a particularly strong position but you’ve only really got Stones/Walker who I’d have any faith in to play out from the back (assuming no Maguire)

1 Like

Huge miss imo

(I will never not make this joke fyi)

5 Likes

Guess it’d be those 2 with Coady in the middle if we did go for a three. Rice is definitely a top, top, triffic player and Jude looks great, but I’d worry about going into a major tournament relying on a CM starter who was born when Bring Me To Life by Evanescence was Number 1.

A real boom or bust top 10

1 Like

He’s gonna play Eric dier and we’re all gonna have to accept it

1 Like

At least everyone simulposting the dierlookalike.jpg when he does something very, very shit will be funny

2 Likes

Lovely this.

10 Likes

Ftfy

1 Like

Admittedly haven’t watched White as closely at Brighton, but honestly think if/when he moves to a big six club, he’ll be a shoo-in for the England XI and really obviously quality - he’s miles better than Mings, Godfrey, Dier and those other chumps on that questionable rung behind Stones & Maguire.

Only question at Leeds was his aerial ability. Put him next to a more commanding presence - Dias, Maguire, Van Dijk - i.e Cooper before, Dunk now, etc - and he’ll thrive.

Martinez to Spurs :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Even though on balance I’d probably take him, I hope Southgate commits to the funniest option of not taking Trent.