Places you most dread visiting in your local area

FTFY

Umut is indeed much nicer but presents its own challenges (the low awning is a challenge for people of my height, especially in summer when they hang stuff like beach balls[why?] on it).

Tesco Express attracts a bad crowd, I find. Always seems to be on the verge of something kicking off.

And it’s not the area mind you. Asian supermarket, plant shop, Sainsbos express and charity shop on the same stretch are full of folk behaving themselves. Think clubcard two tier pricing brings out the worst in people.

1 Like

the actual office

In Glanmire? Literally everywhere. The town is a total shithole designed by people who wanted everyone to use cars to navigate the area. Even walking to the bus stop gives me the fear. Fuck this place.

Always amazes me how shit Tesco Expresses are. It’s our nearest grocery shop but would rather walk the extra 10 mins to Co-op.

If I were a multi-billion pound business in a competitive market I would simply make my shops nicer.

6 Likes

Cribbs Causeway and the surrounding area, a horrible mess of shops you only end up going to if something’s gone terribly wrong connected by an incomprehensible system of roundabouts in which nobody is ever in the correct lane.

1 Like

The Crusher

1 Like

That is some impressive multi tasking right there!

6 Likes

I tend to put on a nice shirt to go to the post office because I fancy one of the workers there :blush:

3 Likes

My party office used to be fine but a year or so it got closed and reopened and basically asset stripped. They sacked all the long term and experienced staff and employed minimum wage assistants. There’s only ever a max of two of them and queues can be round the block even in non Christmas time. Basically fuck capitalism.

I have to go there to top up my gas card, like it’s the 80s.

1 Like

Violin shagger

1 Like

A party office sounds amazing :partying_face:

1 Like

Do you mean like a cardboard crusher?

Was the worst when I worked in a supermarket - bag on my trolley is full of cardboard, no putting off going to the crusher. 100% chance it’s full already and the last person never made a bail so I’ll have to do it. I’m going to get so behind and the oven chips and ice cream are a fucking disaster already. Plus there was a horrible rotten bin smell

1 Like

My last flat had a coin operated electric meter. Would need to go and change up £20 worth of pound coins every now and then after the power would inevitably cut out whilst I was in the shower or what have you

1 Like

nah it’s the ruins of a giant quarry stone crushing machine that is overgrown with nettles.

1 Like

Ah bollocks!

I feel I’ve slightly undermined my own rant.

1 Like

Bet he bloody did as well.

4 Likes

I want to shag violins.

1 Like